Best normal leisure batteries (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
i have placed a couple of threads on Lithium baterries, but it looks that that it is going to be expensive.

WHAT BATTERIES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND.?

Colyboy

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
I got this info from an American website , don't know how true but certainly seems to makes sense .
Batteries start to degrade as soon as they are manufactured and filled with acid.
Therefore check the manufactured date and buy the latest and not one that's been sitting at the bottom of a pile in a shop.
Surprising how long some so called new batteries have been in the shop for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Further to my last post.
I've posted this before but some of the cheaper leisure batteries are just relabeled starter batteries and are not up to the different requirements placed on them.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have 2 x Varta LFD90 batteries.
Don’t know if they are the best, but certainly popular and I chose them over the competition, for our last 2 vans.
I haven’t done any tests but read many reviews from people who were happy with them.
What is important though is that they get charged properly, so make sure your alternator and on board charger ( and solar panels/ charge controller) can cope with the charge requirements of the batteries.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
My Numax have been good for four years and I do use the them every night for 3 + hours watching TV

https://www.tayna.co.uk/leisure-batteries/types/120ah/

I have a NuMax 110amp leisure batter that I bought in 2010 & its still going strong.
I bought it to power our twin axle caravan 4 motor motormover for quite a few years, then kept it for various motorhomes & it has never flinched. I tested it recently & it seems just fine. I do take good care of it though but, it has been well used.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They look pretty good, if a little expensive. Maybe something I will consider buying if and when my 2 Varta’s give up.

Just read that these batteries will perform between -20 and 60 degrees, but will not accept a charge below 0 degrees C.

Would this affect charging in the winter if the van is left unheated?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back