Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'm trying to get one of these off our outside wall to reconnect the satellite wire to the receiver inside.
How does it come off please?
Ive taken the screws out but it won't prise off.
Any ideas please?
A previous owner used the inside socket to have a connection for the roof aerial.
We want to use it for an outside freestanding dish.
Single-Socket-275x275.jpg

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
They come with a foam gasket but people tend to sikaflex them on to prevent leaks. it comes with the cable already attached, so you need to trace the wire inside the van and free it off before removing too

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
They come with a foam gasket but people tend to sikaflex them on to prevent leaks. it comes with the cable already attached, so you need to trace the wire inside the van and free it off before removing too
When I took the screws out some sealant came with the screws so they may have sikaflexed it on as you say.
We've found the cable coming inside but it's going to a splitter to the freeview box installed already within the cupboard that autotrail have fitted in the factory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with sikaflex the only way to remove it is to cut through it, which will destroy the plastic part

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
If you can access the inside cable why do you need to remove the box?
I've accessed the cable. It was going to the freeview box. We thought there wasn't a satellite cable there but it's all done now. Thanks for the input

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've accessed the cable. It was going to the freeview box. We thought there wasn't a satellite cable there but it's all done now. Thanks for the input
There's no electrical difference between 'satellite' cable and 'TV' cable apart from satellite cable is lower loss. If the run is more than a few feet satellite cable is essential for satellite reception. If it's only a short distance (which it always is in a MH) and TV cable already exists it will work fine for satellite reception.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back