Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
We have been using the new ( to us) hyme rfor a few months now and I am wondering if there is something that no one wants to tell us. In the old Autocruise, the senior navigator would perch her feet on the dashboard and happily wave to anything big, white and motorhome shaped and people would wave back. :thumb::bigsmile:riving a grey Hymer nobody want to wave. Is there some sort of conspiracy? Have we joined some select group of rejects? Is there some strange defect in the Hymer van that means that no one will wave. Help me to explain this to a very chastened other half as i am runing out of excuses to keep her waving, happy....and quiet. Help!

Joe

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
In my experience its a case of not always seeing other motorhomes to wave at. I used to think that Hymer owners only waved to other Hymer owners but experience tells me otherwise now. If you enjoy waving to others then keep on doing it, some will respond, some won't. Sometimes the lack of response will be delibrate and sometime s it won't (i.e. they're too busy, watching the road/scenery, talking about what they're going to do when they arrive on site :Eeek::Eeek:, listening to the radio/CD player etc.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Can't understand it everyone waves at us, so maybe it is the van, as I am in fact getting too old to keep waving maybe we should swap vans, that way everybody happy.:thumb::thumb::thumb: Just spoke to the wife and she agrees, so we are up for it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Joe, keep waving, if you see us you will get a big yellow one back:Smile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Although the funsters wave, it seems to be going a bit out of fashion to me, less seem to wave especially this time of year - but it could be more that people are concentrating harder on the traffic and road conditions.

We always wave whether or not people wave 1st or wave back xxxxxx

KEEP WAVING EVERYONE

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I will let you into a secret
How to gaurantee a wave, its so simple you can put money on it:thumb:
After getting no response from say the first half dozen, say to your self
"Thats it no more waves" and the very next one along waves at you, but you of course had already decided not to:Doh::Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Its like space, in hymers on one can see you wave

(you are practically sat in the back).

If you flash more people wave.

Ralph

Last edited:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
give them a flash

Hi Joe.
As you can see on the left of your screen, our's is big and silver gray. We always announce our wave by giving a flash of the head lights. So far it has never failed to receive a harty wave in return. In general we find motorhomer's to be a very friendly bunch, and in particular the funsters belonging to this forum.
Keeeeeeeeep Waving [ as Brucy would say ]
Pudseykeith

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Joe.
As you can see on the left of your screen, our's is big and silver gray. We always announce our wave by giving a flash of the head lights. So far it has never failed to receive a harty wave in return. In general we find motorhomer's to be a very friendly bunch, and in particular the funsters belonging to this forum.
Keeeeeeeeep Waving [ as Brucy would say ]
Pudseykeith

now this is what I like about MHFun.

I know another forum or 2 where a post like this would be jumped on and poor pudsey would be beaten in to submission for daring to suggest the dangers of a flash.
Just to let you know, you can all flash at me at any time. ::bigsmile:

we are all big enough and sensible enough over here to know when a flash is innapropriate. normally when the kids are watching::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
now this is what I like about MHFun.

I know another forum or 2 where a post like this would be jumped on and poor pudsey would be beaten in to submission for daring to suggest the dangers of a flash.
Just to let you know, you can all flash at me at any time. ::bigsmile:

we are all big enough and sensible enough over here to know when a flash is innapropriate. normally when the kids are watching::bigsmile:

Bit cold for flashing at the moment Paul :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Ain't that a Fact ... :roflmto:

S

stagman

Deleted User
We have been using the new ( to us) hyme rfor a few months now and I am wondering if there is something that no one wants to tell us. In the old Autocruise, the senior navigator would perch her feet on the dashboard and happily wave to anything big, white and motorhome shaped and people would wave back. :thumb::bigsmile:riving a grey Hymer nobody want to wave. Is there some sort of conspiracy? Have we joined some select group of rejects? Is there some strange defect in the Hymer van that means that no one will wave. Help me to explain this to a very chastened other half as i am runing out of excuses to keep her waving, happy....and quiet. Help!

Joe

Years ago my uncle had a VW Beetle late 60s early 70s ,and every time we met another Beetle they both would flash lights and wave to one another ,but no not to anyone else that was not in their rule book.These people did not own cars it was a Beetle.The same I think for Hymer owners .I used to wave at them but no response .Again if you talk to them ,same as the Beetle they own a Hymer not a motorhome.I got to admit one or two do wave and I try to respond before it,s too late.So my advice would be wave and flash your lights in plenty of time and you just may get a little wave back.On the other hand you may see all the other oncoming traffic braking ,thinking that there's a Camera ahead:thumb:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Betwween my wife and I,we seem to have a car collection were we get a lot of waves.
we get loads of waves in the motorhome,in the MGF,in the VW Golf MK1 cab,in the Ford Capri but non in our new Ford Focus Thank god with so many of these on the road.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I will let you into a secret
How to gaurantee a wave, its so simple you can put money on it:thumb:
After getting no response from say the first half dozen, say to your self
"Thats it no more waves" and the very next one along waves at you, but you of course had already decided not to:Doh::Doh::Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Now thats the truth :roflmto: Jim

sleepy hollow

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
new
we wave

Hi we have just got a hymer motorhome after caravanning for 24 years and everyone we meet has told us to wave. So we used it last weekend and everytime we saw another motorhome we waved and they all waved back.:winky:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have had C Class vans and have always been waved back at. My last van and the current one are A class and I have noticed far fewer waves. My theory is that a overcab C class can be seen to be a motorhome from a long way off. To the casual observer an A class could be a bus until you are closer, also you are further back from the windscreen so your wave is less visible. I have also had van conversions, and hardly any waves because they think you're a delivery van.:whatthe:

OP
OP
joemac

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Waving

Many thanks, have now fitted a seat on the dashboard to keep herself happy even if the seatbelt doesn't quite reach,( can always use a bungee I suppose). Now she perches and waves to everything in sight, flashing away at everyone. Happy Camper!

Have a great holiday when it get here.:Smile:

Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back