Zenec Radio/Sta Nav (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The unit I have has been tempremental since it was installed. Zenec themselves have never been over helpful and Navi extras have tried but all just refer queries to each other and Hymer themselves have thrown it back at Zenec.
But, I had an email from Zenec to advise Marquis now repair and can help with software.
I ended up talking to someone at Marquis Poole who at least told me how to get the radio working on the latest software, it worked and the radio is now stable, and is looking into moving the maps from the supplied 8gb card to a larger one, they can it seems sell you a new card, but all maps would have to be re-purchased, so a clone would seem better. There may be light.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I used my Zenec for a couple of months. Drove me nuts. Replaced it with a Sony with Android Auto.

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
The unit I have has been tempremental since it was installed. Zenec themselves have never been over helpful and Navi extras have tried but all just refer queries to each other and Hymer themselves have thrown it back at Zenec.
But, I had an email from Zenec to advise Marquis now repair and can help with software.
I ended up talking to someone at Marquis Poole who at least told me how to get the radio working on the latest software, it worked and the radio is now stable, and is looking into moving the maps from the supplied 8gb card to a larger one, they can it seems sell you a new card, but all maps would have to be re-purchased, so a clone would seem better. There may be light.
Check the number of satellites you can receive, its in the Info section of the menu. It should be 8-12. If not then try moving the GPS aerial, possibly on top of the dash, and/or make sure you have no electronic equipment anywhere near the aerial. That will reduce the number of satellites it can see.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Norman we had a Zenec in our new Hymer trouble from day one even the dealers could not get it to work 18 months later a new one fitted warranty but still not the best, I was going to replace it with a Kenwood but after having all the problems with Hymer/ Lowdhams gave up and sold the van, after fixing all the faultsđź‘Ť

OP
OP
Detnor
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Steve and Denise , I've always basically ignored it, it came with the van and sat there. Got annoyed with it and decided to get it working. Lad from Marquis gave me help and now it all works....amazing. Probably still won't use it, but at least it is operational now. More than the civic centre, now gone and plans to redevelop the Tramcar as flats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back