LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've not had the pleasure of any beers from Abbaye de Vauclair yet Ralph, but will certainly try them if I see them in September time. :)

I was gifted 4 x large bottles of Leffe, by my lovely wife. I chose 2 x Brune, 1 x Blonde, and 1 x Nectar.

The Nectar was new to me, and so I tried it out.

P1040356.JPG

Now then, I am quite partial to a Youngs Waggledance (now Charles Wells), as it has a subtle sweetness for me.

I found the Leffe Nectar to be far far too sweet, and if consumed at a temperature lower than chilled, I wouldn't have liked it one bit. I'll even go as far as to say it was sickly sweet, however, I managed to down the lot. :LOL:

The Brune and Blonde I've had many times before, so it's pointless me commenting on those.

Cheers, :drink:

Jock. :)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have been trying out Timmy Taylor Boltmaker at the minute, a nice drop of stuff, I don,t seem to like many of the strong ones around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Anyone tried Wadworths Swordfish? It's 6X with a dribble of Pussers rum added, 5.1 proof. Jury's out for me as it was a little sweet but Sue tried it (she isn't a beer drinker) and said you know what, I could drink that!

Favourite of all time is Smithwicks ale, but I had some a few weeks ago and I think they have messed with the recipe.

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
Anyone tried Wadworths Swordfish? It's 6X with a dribble of Pussers rum added, 5.1 proof. Jury's out for me as it was a little sweet but Sue tried it (she isn't a beer drinker) and said you know what, I could drink that!

Favourite of all time is Smithwicks ale, but I had some a few weeks ago and I think they have messed with the recipe.

What a coincidence. I hadn't seen your post when I posted. Agree a bit sweet but I like it. Halfway through now.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I found the Leffe Nectar to be far far too sweet, and if consumed at a temperature lower than chilled, I wouldn't have liked it one bit.
Sorry, that should have read..........
I found the Leffe Nectar to be far far too sweet, and if consumed at a temperature higher than chilled, I wouldn't have liked it one bit. :(

I've just had one of these, whilst preparing our evening meal.

P1040357.JPG

P1040358.JPG

I haven't seen these at the smaller of the Lidl stores, only the larger ones, @ 4 x for £4.99

It is not unlike Leffe Blonde, but certainly not as nice, nor as smooth. ;)

They had other Belgian Beers in the same store, @ £4.99 - £5.99 for x 4.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Yes Bob, our local landlord gets it in now and then. It's quite popular. (y) I like it too. ;)

What a coincidence. I hadn't seen your post when I posted. Agree a bit sweet but I like it. Halfway through now.
(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
That's my afternoons selection polished off now it's time for a power nap :LOL:
img_0618-jpg.156500
That's a handy little table Howard. :rofl:

The Hobgoblin Gold, is the only one I am familiar with from that photo, and very refreshing it is too. (y)

I'm currently on a bottle of Ancient Plooky Bird.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Speckled Hen.jpg

Enjoy your snooze. :snooze:

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
That's a handy little table Howard. :rofl:

The Hobgoblin Gold, is the only one I am familiar with from that photo, and very refreshing it is too. (y)

I'm currently on a bottle of Ancient Plooky Bird.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
View attachment 156505

Enjoy your snooze. :snooze:

Cheers Jock enjoy your pint :)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Who has Paul, you or Caroline? ;) Rita and I hope that you are both well. (y)

That's not one I have come across before either. :eek:

Cheers,

Hi Jock, me, Paul, hope both yourself and Rita are doing good.

The Timmy Taylor Boltmaker is a lovely drop of stuff. We were in a pub a few weeks ago and I thought Christmas had come, they only had it on draft. Guest what, it was bloody awful, the bottles were much nicer. It just shows you, any beer is only as good as the landlords cellar keeping.

Paul.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It just shows you, any beer is only as good as the landlords cellar keeping.
Very true Paul, which is why I stopped using a particular pub close to us, which kept one of my favourite beers, Crazy Daze, from the Pot Belly Brewery. The landlord just wouldn't accept that he wasn't keeping his beer properly The pub which is in a lovely location, and was once a gold mine, is now always empty. :(

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Yesterday afternoon I discovered fosters lager, £2.20 per pint,,,

9 pints later 14 hrs kip. It's a magical potion!!!
Never in my life Ian, have I ever managed 9 x pints. :eek: After only 3 x pints, I'm at the urinals every 20 x mins, so I'd be up and down all night, and never get any sleep. :LOL:

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
I was reading a report yesterday regarding keeping pipes clean, 40% of pubs didn't do once a week, once a week is a minimum requirement. Unfortunately pubs in the south was the worst. I have a friend who is a landlord, he does them twice a week, the pub is very popular with drinkers, I have never had a bad pint in that pub. Mmmmmm

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I was reading a report yesterday regarding keeping pipes clean, 40% of pubs didn't do once a week, once a week is a minimum requirement. Unfortunately pubs in the south was the worst. I have a friend who is a landlord, he does them twice a week, the pub is very popular with drinkers, I have never had a bad pint in that pub. Mmmmmm
My popular landlord cleans the lines every time a cask is changed, even if it's the same ale coming on. (y)
Wetherspoons do the same, and I know that many rubbish their pubs, but TBH, I've never had a bad pint in a Spoons. Too cold for a real ale maybe, but never a bad pint. (y)

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Hello Jock & Rita, yes Nellies is a fantastic character pub, part of Samuel smiths brewery. Extremely cheap too , plus quality ales. Danny

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hello Jock & Rita, yes Nellies is a fantastic character pub, part of Samuel smiths brewery. Extremely cheap too , plus quality ales. Danny
Aye, been there many a time Danny. Fortunately, I can now remember my way to the toilet and back, as there are that many nooks and crannies in the pub. :LOL:
I like that big mirror in the main bar, ie, the one where all the silver backing has peeled off and shriveled up. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back