'you ran into my van'

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Yorkie, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Yorkie

Yorkie Read Only Funster

A council worker ran in to my van :Angry: and luckily he's owned up to it because my 8 year old lad was watching him.
    All he damaged was the rear and side skirt, no structural damage.

This was 3 weeks ago and their insurance sent a guy round after a week to estimate the damage.
    Phoned the repair centre up today to find out what the score was and he said he was having trouble locating the parts. Only place he can find is Danum Motors in west yorks and they seem to be taking their time.

Anybody any ideas anywhere else the guy could try. Cant use the van because the brake lights hanging and theres loads of sharp edges on both skirts.....:cry:

CI Carioca 656 (2005)

Les..

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

cant you claim for "loss of use" from the council

5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Hiya,
    this is where we bought our CI from.
    Its a dealership and they do services there. Well the habitation checks anyway. As far as i know they ship out for the mechanical side of the service.
    I'm not making excuses for them , but i guess they will have to order in all the bits and pieces.
    Why dont you look on the web for all other CI stockists, thats what id do, if i wanted to see if i could get it sorted quicker.
    Bev

6. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

sebthe gecko is spot on - but you'll have to keep records of how you went about it, phone calls etc, so you can show you really tried to get it sorted quickly, and can prove it, and with any luck the council (or their insurers) will pay something to avoid further hassle.

It's moral blackmail, but both the council and the insurance company have no such compunctions!

7. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Smile and Wave Yorkie! If that rear elevation needs replacing - which sounds like it if the light is hanging out (it will need resealing anyway due to the impact) It will cost BIG money!:BigGrin:

Get onto the manufacturers, as they will know where you can get the parts, and who they have sold parts to - ie older panels sent to repair shops etc.

8. Yorkie

Yorkie Read Only Funster

thanks seb, my insurance company gave me a number to ring today. said it was for their legal team.
    soon as i mentioned that the kids had a week off school and we were going to alton towers then onto london, he gave me the phone number and said:
    'with this happening you WILL be compensated for the weeks holiday missed and every weekend there after, because i'm sure you use your motorhome every weekend aswell':Wink:

first thing monday morning job i think....

still heard nothing from the repair company and wanting to go to the Newark Show...

9. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

result.....