Yellow staining (1 Viewer)

Jul 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79.
Afternoon all , I have a Bailey autograph and out of nowhere a yellow staining as appeared on the back panel and also on many of the caravans parked at the same storage site all Bailey models only appear to have the same problem?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Yes iam trying to get intouch with other storage users , there are at least 20 others it has affected

wow thats very serious for the yard.

you may need proper legal advice on how to pursue this,
I "suspect" a condition of your storage is that your van is covered by your insurance against theft or any damage.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
wow thats very serious for the yard.

you may need proper legal advice on how to pursue this,
I "suspect" a condition of your storage is that your van is covered by your insurance against theft or any damage.
Probably correct however if it is negligence (criminal damage?) then I suspect that would be the site's issue to resolve otherwise they could do anything to your MH and you would have no redress.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Probably correct however if it is negligence (criminal damage?) then I suspect that would be the site's issue to resolve otherwise they could do anything to your MH and you would have no redress.
i agree thats why i say get proper advice.

Upvote 0
Jun 24, 2023
Dunstable, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
2002 to 2010 the 2021 to now
Afternoon all , I have a Bailey autograph and out of nowhere a yellow staining as appeared on the back panel and also on many of the caravans parked at the same storage site all Bailey models only appear to have the same problem?
Hi, I don't know for 100% sure but could be an element within the white finish of the fibreglass. White paint does have various pigments, one of which is yellow. It maybe caused by exposure to high heat. I'm sure there is someone on here who knows for sure, mine is just my logical through experience.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79.
Thanks but thinking it more than likely chemical, as there is 20 other motorhome and caravans effected

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
From a legal point of view, the site has a contractual duty to provide a site that is reasonably safe and fit for the purpose of storing motorhomes and caravans. It can only exclude liability if it is reasonable to do so and the exclusion is brought to the customers’ attention prior to the contract being made.
My view is that if the discolouration is the result of something the site did, they’d better get their insurers involved asap. Cheque books out!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79.
Any updates Baddsb ?
Hello Jim, yes mate it looks as if the sun has done the trick . I moved the MH into full sun and the yellow staining has now gone

20230804_140806.jpg 20230714_145159.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Well, I don't know what to say about that,
But a good outcome for you.
I wouldn't have expected any amount of sunshine to have brought the colour back. Are any of the others that were affected returned to the original finish.?

My thoughts are that some midnight elves/ pixies have been cleaning up your van .
:oops::unsure:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph 79.
Well, I don't know what to say about that,
But a good outcome for you.
I wouldn't have expected any amount of sunshine to have brought the colour back. Are any of the others that were affected returned to the original finish.?

My thoughts are that some midnight elves/ pixies have been cleaning up your van .
:oops::unsure:
Iam sure it was not elves lol , and yes all the other caravan all good , iam sure it was a chemical and the uv from sun has done the trick , the reason for saying this is the couple who went to France the day after it happened sent an email saying there's was fading every day

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back