xtrons TD626AS double din radio head unit (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
tmp_10732-s-l1000719328096.jpg
I bought one of these units off EBay a while ago, mainly because I am an android user and things like Google maps/google mail can be used and synchronised easily. Whilst it's a nice unit as with many Chinese electronics I have had some problems. I am on my 4th unit! Previous units had a DVD fault, came without Google play loaded (quite fundamental) and a buzzing noise. This unit is OK but as with a lot of Chinese stuff I think the Android 4.4 its running is poorly rooted and not exactly legal! Hence updates are non existent and when they do exist are hard to find. Overall nice unit but I don't think it will last and some android stuff does not run on it properly already.
Certainly would pay the extra to buy off EBay in the UK direct from xtrons as there is a high chance a unit may have to be returned.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Might be worth taking a look at some of the Android forums. Somewhere there'll be a vanilla Android install you could try.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I like the potential of this unit, it's a great idea and perfect for motorhomes.
Head unit, sat nav, tablet (android) and reversing camera monitor all in one (y)

Sadly a quick Google suggests that these Xtrons units (and similar) are plagued with problems....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back