xtrons TD626AS double din radio head unit

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by campa cola, Jan 18, 2016.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

tmp_10732-s-l1000719328096.jpg I bought one of these units off EBay a while ago, mainly because I am an android user and things like Google maps/google mail can be used and synchronised easily. Whilst it's a nice unit as with many Chinese electronics I have had some problems. I am on my 4th unit! Previous units had a DVD fault, came without Google play loaded (quite fundamental) and a buzzing noise. This unit is OK but as with a lot of Chinese stuff I think the Android 4.4 its running is poorly rooted and not exactly legal! Hence updates are non existent and when they do exist are hard to find. Overall nice unit but I don't think it will last and some android stuff does not run on it properly already.
    Certainly would pay the extra to buy off EBay in the UK direct from xtrons as there is a high chance a unit may have to be returned.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Might be worth taking a look at some of the Android forums. Somewhere there'll be a vanilla Android install you could try.

3. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

I like the potential of this unit, it's a great idea and perfect for motorhomes.
    Head unit, sat nav, tablet (android) and reversing camera monitor all in one (y)

Sadly a quick Google suggests that these Xtrons units (and similar) are plagued with problems....