Worth a read... (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
couple of points need verifying Geo !!!!

Electronic Stability Control
Checks of antilock brakes will be extended to include Electronic Stability Control if fitted. The tester will check for the presence and correct operation of the ESC malfunction warning light together with looking for obviously missing, excessively damaged or inappropriately repaired or modified components and electrical wiring, as well as an ESC switch missing, insecure or faulty.

ABS function warning light has been scrapped and as the majority of stability/traction control is in common with ABS i dont see how this can be a fail point.
I had a failed ABS sensor and lost ESP/TC and cruise control as well....all run off the same wheel sensors.

Tyre pressure monitoring systems fitted to vehicles first registered after 1 January 2012 must be working correctly and not indicating a malfunction.

the jury is still out on this point and it may not be a fail point....20th march will tell.

as i said, verification by those in the know will be needed.....:shout: Geo !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just to bump this for those that have not read it...

It does effect M.H & RV`s with a cat4 MOT...

Might effect a few... :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Seats

It must be possible to secure the driver's seat fore and aft adjustment mechanism in two or three different positions. On electric seats the motors must move the seat fore and aft
...........................................................................................................................

Have you checked yours.. ? Electric or Manual... Do they move/work.. ?

I bet there are a few that set the drivers seat up when they first bought, and have not checked or tried to move in a long time, worth checking..:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The electronic parking brake on Discoverys and Range Rovers is prone to failure, so a lot of owners don't use it on automatics (it goes on automatically on manuals) with the result that through disuse it won't work when tested.
Catalytic converters are often removed by owners to avoid theft. They'll have to put them back for the MOT.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back