Windows XP technical assistance ending 8 April 2014 (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
For those who may not know - I didn't;

Software giant Microsoft will provide updates to its security products - antimalware engine and signatures - for Windows XP users until July 14, 2015.
This means that XP will get another year's life. Previously, the company said it would halt all updates on the same day as the end of support date for Windows XP April 8, 2014.
This means that Microsoft Security Essentials will continue to get updates after full support ends for Windows XP. For enterprise customers, the same goes for System Centre Endpoint Protection, Forefront Client Security, Forefront Endpoint Protection, and Windows Intune running on Windows XP.
Microsoft is still ending technical assistance for Windows XP on April 8 2014 and will stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date.
But updates to its security products for an additional 15 months should keep many people still using XP interested it keeping that way. After all, while Windows XP will no longer be a supported operating system come April, companies will be at least partially protected until a year after July.
Vole has been trying to get people away from Windows XP to "better" products, and the best way to do that is to stick to its end of support date. On the other hand, there are still so many millions of Windows XP users out there that leaving them completely vulnerable could cause more harm than good.

Read more: http://news.techeye.net/software/microsoft-extends-window-xps-life#ixzz2qYyH4eD4

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Hopefully my PC will continue to work fine on XP for a while longer, good news as it hardly gets used now all interweb stuff is usually dealt with on my I pad and presently the old PC works just fine.:Smile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As I think I posted somewhere else, about half of all the PCs in China use XP. It wouldn't surprise me if they kept XP going until at least the Windows 8 replacement arrives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
all computer systems are getting too complicated, too memory hungry and too damn useless when XP switches off so will I.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
hmmmm windows 8 or XP

a polished dog turd or easy to use stable operating system......tough choice :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back