Windblocker side hanger poles (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Having used our Thule Safari room for the first time we have come to the conclusion that it will be the last. I had looked at Windblockers but although I like the idea of netting as against a plastic sheet, the shower curtain poles really looked too flimsy for my large Omnistor awning when we reviewed them at February's show. Indeed earlier in the trip this Autumn I watched as the wind simply pulled the pole off of a neighbours erected windblocker side confirming my assessment. So this must be an issue others experience and although Lilypad were unable to offer an alternate pole I wondered if anyone else had sourced a more effective pole?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we bought our Windblocker it came with a couple of clothes prop poles with a screw that kept slipping. We bought a couple of Omnistor tension rafters and they are fine.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I recently bought a set of windblockers without the poles included. So I sourced 2 telescopic window cleaning poles. fit rubber ferules each end and they hold really well. I paid about £13 each delivered from ebay and chose the 3 metre long, 3 section ones

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
When we bought our Windblocker it came with a couple of clothes prop poles with a screw that kept slipping. We bought a couple of Omnistor tension rafters and they are fine.

We did the same they worked well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
A few years ago I got annoyed with the wind blowing the pole about, all I could find to sort it was a plastic bottle top which I glued to the inside of the wind out frame. This provided a place for the pole to sit and stopped it moving, it didn't foul the mechanism when wound in, worked well enough.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like Windblocker now have new stronger tension poles - saw these on their stand at recent NEC Show:

DSCF0042.JPG

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I have their spring tensioned version of the washing line pole, don't get any issues with them falling out

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Looks like Windblocker now have new stronger tension poles - saw these on their stand at recent NEC Show:

View attachment 129799
Thanks for that, has anyone tried these new ones in anger, and Wombles with all the pictures you took at the show I am surprised that you got to properly look at what you went for! But great thanks.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I use some decorators extending pole but you need to make sure you get ones that are long enough.. (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for that, has anyone tried these new ones in anger, and Wombles with all the pictures you took at the show I am surprised that you got to properly look at what you went for! But great thanks.
You are welcome :) - forgot to post about those poles before. Us Wombles do like a good product & love a deal! We did have two very busy days & still there are bits we missed but there's always the February Show ...

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Parrotsol do some nice alloy telescopic ones I think £15 each
We do steel ones £15 and Aluminium ones £19.95.
Ours have never fallen out in 6 years of use, we tried all sorts of different designs with springs and all sorts bur we settled on the ones we now sell as they do the job well.
Personally I wouldn't use spring ones as they allow movement of the awning which creaks through the van and would keep me awake at night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back