wild camping Thetford Forest

Discussion in 'Wild Camping' started by Biker, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Read Only Funster

2. dragabed

dragabed Read Only Funster

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/wild-camping/21971-wild-camping-thetford-forest.html#po

have driven through the forest on many occasion and noted these good areas but as i am only 20 miles from home not had a need to, i have seen the odd van there but don,t know if they were wild campers or just walkers.

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

theres every possibility it could be patrolled by the 'camping police' during the night. :Sad:

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As Thetford Forest is Forestry Commission land John could well be right. Camping outside recognised sites is banned on all Forestry Commission land.

Graham

5. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Thetford woodland ...

Take care, local 'dogging' site nearby:Eeek:

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I thought you had stopped doing that Richard ?

But if you aint, I would advise folk to avoid north of Thetford !

On a serious note, a couple of my friends wild camp in various places ( Nice places on the 1065 between Mundford and Swaffham )
    You could also probably pull in to Thetford Rugby club grounds ( On the 134 about 2 miles out of Thetford heading towards Kings Lynn )
    When someone turns up to open the bar I am sure if you ask nicely there would not be a problem

7. Biker

Biker Read Only Funster

Thanks for the replies guys,,,,

Jaws I hadn’t thought of the Rugby club grounds, that’s where we used to have the Bird bash init !!

:thumb::thumb:

8. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

"Forget not hospitality to strangers, for some have thereby entertained angels unawares!"

Hi Imprint,
    Lovely quote: where did you find it?
    John

9. TinaGlenn

TinaGlenn Read Only Funster

We have camped in the carpark near the desert rats memorial on many occasions when we used to live in Wiltshire and visit friends and relatives in Norfolk and never had any problems. We also used to camp in a picnic area out towards Swaffham raceways, it is patrolled by police and a couple of times we made them coffee and chatted, they were fine as long as we were only staying the one night. On the road from Brandon to Santon Downham there are a few places you can pull off the road and stop over night, if you are lucky you will be able to watch the deer come out to feed around you in the evening :thumb:
    I haven't been to the picnic area you mention, one of my fav places to wild camp used to be a place called the Devils Punchbowl out through croxton village on the way to Wrettham camp, but they have barriers there since a house was built out there :Angry:

Tina