WIFI hub or finder (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I see yesterday a small WIFI hub that you have fixed on top of your motorhome with router inside where you put in your SIM card.
1, as anyone got such a thing is it any good.
2, where can you get an unlimited data only SIM card that can use as and when needed like pay as you go.
3, is it any good in Europe up to a month at a time.
Thank you.

image.jpg

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Motorhome WiFi as good as any out there. They have a few versions depending on your needs. I'd recommend giving them a call to find out what's best for you.

There's loads of info on here about installing such things that a quick search will show.

As for sim cards, where to begin...! There is so much info on here and things change so quickly it's difficult to recommend. Again, without wishing to appear rude, a quick search for data sim or Europe sim will return loads of info...

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I see yesterday a small WIFI hub that you have fixed on top of your motorhome with router inside where you put in your SIM card.
1, as anyone got such a thing is it any good.
2, where can you get an unlimited data only SIM card that can use as and when needed like pay as you go.
3, is it any good in Europe up to a month at a time.
Thank you.

View attachment 784868

Are you sure that the router is on the roof?
Please provide a link to the device you are talking about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have a different router and antenna and use a Smarty unlimited phone sim in it , better deals available and when I went to France I used an RWG 200gb for ÂŁ20 phone sim in my router.

I think you could buy the parts cheaper than the Motorhomewifi kit but you wouldn’t have the expert help they offer, so it depends how you are with such things

OP
OP
Rds559
Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I did say on my post that the WIFI hub thing or as you say antenna is fixed on top of your motorhome and the router is inside your motorhome.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Hub, router and wifi "thing" is broadly the unit that sends and receives the local network/Wifi signal and is as you say located inside the vehicle/room; it also contains the SIM. This is so that you have the very best "connection" inside.

The aerial is a completely separate thing that is roof mounted so as to get the best chance of picking up the 4g/5g cellular signal from the SIM provider and is physically cabled to the router.

(y)

OP
OP
Rds559
Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I have been around all the phone shops and ask can I get an unlimited data SIM card that I can use in Europe and pay as you go or use as I need to use when I want.
But I can not find anything and none of the shops can help.
So it’s a 85 cm dish on top and I know that works

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back