Why do the Orbitur campsites get such bad reviews?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Jenowen, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Jenowen

Jenowen Funster

I'm planning our next trip and we hope to go to Portugal. We prefer to stay on fully equipped camp sites so much of my research is throwing up Orbitur sites. However, the majority of these sound dreadful if the reviews are any guide. Are they really so awful? Does anyone have other sources of info?
    As always, thanks for your help.

2. busby

busby Funster

Not that bad that i have been on. Bit basic i.e. cold water only at pot washing sinks and a bit dated. Always clean though. If you want an excellent site try Touristcampo at Luz,,,Camping Cheques accepted,,lovely site...Enjoy.

3. Jenben

Jenben Funster

We have stayed in a few of them in Portugal, they seemed fine for our needs. Like all campsites it depends what you are looking for, we just want a quiet spot in nice surroundings and found a number of them were perfect for us.
    We picked up a carnet book of tickets, think they were for 10 nights and worked out less than 10euros a night including hook up etc. No idea if they do this deal still as it's a few years ago, might be worth checking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

A lot of the Orbitur sites are very much the same and are in pine forests. Fine for hot summer camping but not so good for winter. Check when reviews were made.

Also agree that normally the services are fairly basic. We can cope with that but some can't!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Greenway

Greenway Funster