Which fuse for Merc Hymer cig lighter and radio?

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by marcus153, Aug 9, 2015.

1. marcus153

marcus153

Hi

I plugged the sat nav in this afternoon and after a spark and a click from what must have been the fuse box I have lost power to this area. I wondered if anyone knew of where the fuse is allocated for these parts? I have taken a photo of the fuses showing under drivers seat but have no idea which one?

Or is the fuse for this located somewhere else? Its a Merc Spinter yr 2000 auto.

many thanks

Marcus

Attached Files:

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Have a look under the steering column. My Hymer is on a slightly later Sprinter than yours, but most of the chassis-based fuses are in a compartment that is accessed by removing a plate under the column.

3. marcus153

marcus153

Hi Philip @JeanLuc - Thanks I will check when I pick up on Friday.

4. marcus153

marcus153

@JeanLuc

I changed all the 15 amp fuses under the steering column but still no luck! could it be a larger fuse (20amp)? or could it be another issue?

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I am at a bit of a loss I'm afraid. I presume you are referring to the 12V 'lighter' socket that is part of the base vehicle on the dashboard. Have you got a Sprinter handbook for your model year? If not, they are available via MB dealers (at a price!). If it is a base vehicle issue, I can only suggest contacting Rygor MB at Cassington and asking them where the fuse is.
    If, on the other hand, you are referring to a 'habitation' 12V socket, this will be fused at the EBL - probably on either Circuit 1 or 2 (marked 'Kreis 1' 1nd 'Kreis 2' on the front of the EBL).

6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Did you find any fuses blown? If there is a fault somewhere it will just blow when you put a new one in. If this is the case you need to find the fault which blew the fuse in the first place.

7. marcus153

marcus153