Which Club?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rav4girly, Aug 31, 2009.

1. rav4girly

rav4girly Read Only Funster

We are thinking of joining the Caravan Club but then noticed that there is also a Caravan and Camping Club. Which one do you guys recommend? By the way, we just adore the way fellow motorhome drivers wave at us as we pass on the road. :Rofl1:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Don't forget the Motor Caravanners Club
    Hi and welcome to the site, have a good look around and don't forget the chatroom, quite a few of our overseas visitors drop by there. In fact quite a few of them are coming over to meet with us at the Shepton Mallet Motorhome show in Somerset. England. why not join us,
    <The Motorhome & US RV Show - SEPT 11-13 2009>

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Why ?

Just because the name is familiar, in our case. The reality is that when you want one of their sites you'll find it fully booked.

Similar with C&CC.

I once got a ferry quote off one of them, tried the ferry direct, much cheaper.

Their sites are far from bargains.

Better - get thee across the channel.

4. Kon tiki

Kon tiki Read Only Funster

I would also recomend the MOTORCARAVANNERS CLUB Going on one of their holiday rallies at Newquay in Sept. only 7 pound a night inc electric hookup.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  5. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

We are members of both. Both have a wide range of sites in UK and provide much the same servicesm

The Caravan Club still mainly seems to cater for tuggers, even though there are many MHs in the club. It also suffers as it allows advance bookings without deposit, so you can sometimes turn up to a site apparently half empty to find they won't let you in because they are fully booked by people who have no intention of coming and haven't bothered to tell them.

The Caravan and Camping Club is less 'exclusive' and seems to have a younger membership.

The main reason for joining either is the network of little CL type sites where you can often be on your own.:Cool:

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Same here, it's the only reason I stay in the CC, the CL network is excellent and as close to 'aire' prices you'll find in the UK .. other than that, no good reason.. the main sites are over priced, over booked and have over bearing wardens..

jim

7. rav4girly

rav4girly Read Only Funster

Thanks for replies so far. What does CL stand for?:Blush:

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

CL = Certificated Location, a small site licenced for only 5 vans and all of the major clubs can licence them.

9. Cavendish

Cavendish Read Only Funster

We didn't know which club to join either when we started caravanning back in 2006. We ended up joining the CC and the C&CC to make our own minds up and we're still members of both clubs. If you're thinking of travelling overseas and staying on campsites consider booking through the CC rather than contacting the site direct. You'll often save you money because they negotiate good rates with the owners. :Smile:

10. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

We are also members of both.If I had to choose I think it would be the C Club as they have saved us the most money with Ferries and entrance to shows etc especially if you book a ferry on their site using the Camping Cheques we came across these by accident and now find that if we include them in the booking the ferry fare is reduced dramatically.But we stick with both sites for the CL and CS sites and the Holiday Rallies run by the CCC are a good deal, no pre booking and usually £6 per night for a great location -Sue

11. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Were members of CC and cancelled, tried to book pitches and failed, insurance (too high), ferries also too expensive.
    We have decided to do most of our travelling overseas and therefore no point.

ShiftZZ
    "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
    Groucho Marx"
    :Rofl1:

12. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi Rav

Were with the ccc. The only reason for it, as I remeber is that my Insurance Company wanted me to be in a club, like its gonna make a difference.

We found the small sites to be ok and the discounts through the low season to be reasonable.

We also are members of the Arrival breakdown scheme wich is run by the RAC. You need to be a ccc member to be a member of this scheme.

The advice on motorhomes is minimul. This site provides 1000% more info and advice than you will ever get from the ccc.

Cant comment on the cc.

Cheers
    Jim
    :Smile:

13. little jack

little jack Read Only Funster

Seems that we're in the minority, as we belong to both clubs and use their clubs on a regular basis.
    If you want to use the club sites, the subscription is saved within a few nights because of the reduced fees to members, also both clubs produce pretty reasonable magazines, which are included in he membership cost, we have a slight preference to the cc, but that is a personal preference.

litle jack

14. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i joined the caravan and camping club for the main purpose of buying Arrival breakdown cover.

it does seem more relaxed than the stuffed shirts running the caravan club, of which i was a member until they said, at renewal time, my debit card had expired and would i like to supply the new details.

Nah!!!!! dont think so, thanks.