Which cb radio to buy (2 Viewers)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
OK as promised (although it took a while, got distracted fitting fairy lights, long story, don't ask) here is our setup:
This is the head unit
IMG_20161211_210454.JPG

And this is the external speaker, behind the rear view monitor:
IMG_0788.JPG

I keep meaning to get around to fitting a mic holder, but I haven't decided where I want it yet, so the cup holder is where the mic lives for now

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
used one of these on a fiberglass boat with great success(n)
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The Atlas 120 can have an optional ground plane attached. I had one on the mirror mount on my Hymer S700 with the arm and rig both earthed to the vehicle chassis. I could talk from Spain to the UK on it. The rig was a Yeasu FT-847. I also had a CB on board but apart from hearing a few truckers passing in the UK it was silent. The CB antenna was on the other mirror mount. Beware of vibrations damaging home base equipment if mounting them long term in vehicles. My FT-847 suffered 8 years of full timing on the dash of the motorhome. It now needs serious attention.

If you want to use a CB on the continent you need a new ones, sold after 27th June 2014 as the older ones are only legal in the UK. Specification MPT 1382 (27/94)/MPT 1320. Even the ones with UK/EU bands are only legal in the UK. Specification MPT 1382 (December 1997)
More info here http://www.delboyenterprises.co.uk/CB/Legal_CB_Radio.htm
The new sets have AM and SSB as well as FM but the use of the old AM sets is not permitted.

John g0fgg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back