Which Air Conditioning? Especially Noise Wise? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I want to have some form of air conditioning in our Vario.

The van is (well, will be) massively insulated, but as it will be RAF Blue Grey in colour, we will lose the natural heat reflection of a white van.

I don't really want a roof mounted solution, as I want as much solar as possible. So the options seem to be, either something like a Dometic Freshwell 3000 or something like a Eurom 2401. I know the Dometic is more powerful, but our van divides into rooms, so we could use the Eurom in the bedroom at night and move it to the living area in the day if needed.

Powering either is not an issue. What is an issue is how well each work and, importantly, how noisy each are (I want as quiet as possible so if I do use it on a site, it doesn't annoy others.

Any advice?

Thanks,
David

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I had the Truma Saphir on my previous motorhome and although worked perfectly when completely level, if the motorhome was not level then rather the moisture exiting under the motorhome it ended up soaking the double floor! Was not ideal at all, so bear that in mind.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had the Truma Saphir on my previous motorhome and although worked perfectly when completely level, if the motorhome was not level then rather the moisture exiting under the motorhome it ended up soaking the double floor! Was not ideal at all, so bear that in mind.
Could that have been down to poor installation?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Not sure, was factory installed by Dethleffs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
We have the cool my camper ( Eurom) unit . It’s very good and great to have on a really hot day . On the quieter setting it not very loud at all .

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
These require a lot of power. Aren't you going to have to be plugged in to use them? If so, why does solar matter?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back