Which air con gas? (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
There are supposedly 2 different kinds of gas for the air conditioning! How do I know which gas is in my 2013 lhd Citroen jumper 2.2 diesel a/c?

Solution
Re charge at halfords just done 500g they dont charge for doing it just £50
I think it was just a top up.
Our 2017 Renault had no presure in it so for us £50 was worth to find out if it had a leak or not
Its now working fine and only £50

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above.. Lift your bonnet and there will be a label.
A lot will depend on the year as mid 2010's is when they made the change to the twice as expensive stuff. (y)

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Re charge at halfords just done 500g they dont charge for doing it just £50
I think it was just a top up.
Our 2017 Renault had no presure in it so for us £50 was worth to find out if it had a leak or not
Its now working fine and only £50

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Anyway took my van to kwikfit (it’s just round the corner) to get my a/c re gassed when I went to pick it up (after 2 1/2 hours) they said no charge as they couldn’t get the ac to work!
Drove it home, put the ac on and it’s blowing ice cold air!!????
They did say there was no gas in it and it took the full amount to re gas it!!!!!
Perplexed 🤔

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Anyway took my van to kwikfit (it’s just round the corner) to get my a/c re gassed when I went to pick it up (after 2 1/2 hours) they said no charge as they couldn’t get the ac to work!
They did say there was no gas in it and it took the full amount to re gas it!!!!!
Perplexed 🤔
They probably didn't turn the fan on as citrëon, reanault & peugeot still retained the stupid system whereby the ac won't work if the fan isn't on whereas other manufacturers made turning on the ac start the fan even if it was in the "off" position

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Perplexed 🤔
The fact there was no gas in it at all indicates you have a leak. Keep any eye open for green die that they put in the system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Recent
Perplexed 🤔
I had a similar issue with mine. We were away in the hot June weather A/C not working. I had a regas and they told me they couldn't get it to work and thought it was potentially a knackered compressor because it was clicking on and off for no apparent reason. I booked it in for further investigation a couple of weeks later and on the way there I noticed cold air coming out. They checked it over and it was fine. No idea why but I believe there is some lubricant included with the gas when they recharge the system so maybe it took a while to take effect? Who knows!!

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Purchased a groupon deal air con recharge ( R1234YF ) at £93.99 at ATS took it to local ATS service centre and guy looked under the bonnet of my 2019 A class and found that it was the old style ( R134A ) filled and tested all ok , Messaged Groupon and they refunded me the £93.99 and I paid £41.99 result .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back