Where you going where you been? (2 Viewers)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Nikki and I are we just planning at ski trip for March 23. Last time out was 2020 when we had to drive home through covid restrictions coming in.
Last year's trip was cancelled when our MH burst into flames.

So now all excited, but where too? We've done loads of resorts over the years Aires and campsites.

We fancy a campsite this time round.. in a resort in Italy or Austria maybe France.. anywhere you've been that you would rush back to?

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
I was in Obergurgl last year but not with Motorhome. I was thinking about doing Solden this year.
There is a really good campsite just down the road in Solden but it's not cheap.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We booked on to Soeldon one year but it was so tight we got our money back and left.
We found a site a few miles away with heated drying rooms which you can have on your pitch. Really nice but not really in resort 🤔.

We are thinking of heading to Corvara colfosco

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2020
Stone, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
We have just booked a 3 week stay at the Huttopia campsite at Bourg saint Maurice. This will be our second time, a great site with relatively easy access to Les Arcs via the funicular.
We booked it through the CAMH club site and got a really good deal including the ferry crossing.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
All booked for March 23 - see you there?

after 12 years I've honed it close as possible to my ideal:

Grubhof - St Lofer. 4 nights
Great starter to ski holiday
small resort but very "gemutlich" and perfect campsite - good for 4 night, 3 day warm up.Plus traditional days walk to Herr Krepper.

Aufenfeld Zillertal. 10 nights
another luxury campsite with personal shower room, good pool. Odd Wild West vibe.
Zillertal is huge ski area (just goes on and on). Plus buses to Mayrhofen and high fugen

Fieberbrunn. 7 nights
personal shower room. Great pool and wellness, literally ski in ski out.

Stop off at camp Zugspitze in Garmisch on way back for great walking..

Mayrhofen camp convenient, good top pitches, bit scruffy lower and small pool
Solden convenient for ski and ski area great but tight pitches and resort a bit Russian. Fantastic long red run from top. Great toboggan run
St Anton Petneu site has been ruined and St Anton has some dangerous bottle necks,
Kitzbuhel has bottle necks to lifts and the site is a car park (but great pool).

Feb 5, 2020
Stone, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
All booked for March 23 - see you there?

after 12 years I've honed it close as possible to my ideal:

Grubhof - St Lofer. 4 nights
Great starter to ski holiday
small resort but very "gemutlich" and perfect campsite - good for 4 night, 3 day warm up.Plus traditional days walk to Herr Krepper.

Aufenfeld Zillertal. 10 nights
another luxury campsite with personal shower room, good pool. Odd Wild West vibe.
Zillertal is huge ski area (just goes on and on). Plus buses to Mayrhofen and high fugen

Fieberbrunn. 7 nights
personal shower room. Great pool and wellness, literally ski in ski out.

Stop off at camp Zugspitze in Garmisch on way back for great walking..

Mayrhofen camp convenient, good top pitches, bit scruffy lower and small pool
Solden convenient for ski and ski area great but tight pitches and resort a bit Russian. Fantastic long red run from top. Great toboggan run
St Anton Petneu site has been ruined and St Anton has some dangerous bottle necks,
Kitzbuhel has bottle necks to lifts and the site is a car park (but great pool).
You going to Bourg Saint Maurice then?

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Sorry no - the see you there was a global question.
Happy to meet up in Austria with peeps.
Did one year in Fieberbrunn; with an adhoc snow bar and snow settee

Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
We are big fans of Livigno, Italy. Been many times, but only once (over Xmas) in the motorhome. Planning a return trip in 2023... fingers crossed :)

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
The French resort of Les Contamines in the Haute-Savoie area is a great place to try. Not one of the big resorts - so never gets too busy.

Camping Pontet is 150 metres away from the main gondola so just a short walk from the site gate. No driving, parking or fees needed. The 3 star site is good quality And has indoor heated area for ski gear.

You are not too far either from the bigger resorts in that region If you decide on a visit there.

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Another resort worth a visit is Passo Tonale in the Trentino area of Italy. It has a great new aire with hook up, and a drive in service garage for waste/ water etc. lovely toilets and showers - with everything operated by a key code. It cost around £20/ night or £15 without the facilities.
It is situated in the middle of the resort - so no need to drive, just a short 150 metres to a number of uplifts, restaurants, shops, bars etc.

As a ski instructor, I have been running an annual ski holiday for around 60 people since 2005, and will be there this coming Easter.
The 4 linked resorts of Temu, Ponte dI Legno, Presena and Passo Tonale offer around 100km of pistes - with some great off piste skiing from the Presena glacier area. Guaranteed snow too as it is a high level resort.

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Another resort worth considering is BKK (Bad Kleinkirchhiem) in Carinthia, Austria.
There is the facility to overnight in the hardstanding area of the parking area- adjacent to the gondola In the centre of the resort.
For longer stays there are numerous high quality campsites within a short distance of the resort.

A great resort for intermediate skiers, as well as offering plenty for the more experienced.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Where ever you go (above 1000m) there‘s plenty of snow in the Alps since yesterday. Some good coverings throughout this last week and no doubt it‘ll be a busy weekend. Plenty planned for this coming week as well.

Tomorrow off to the Jura to avoid the crowds and try a Splitboard for the first time, gonna be cold though🥶

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Where ever you go (above 1000m) there‘s plenty of snow in the Alps since yesterday. Some good coverings throughout this last week and no doubt it‘ll be a busy weekend. Plenty planned for this coming week as well.

Tomorrow off to the Jura to avoid the crowds and try a Splitboard for the first time, gonna be cold though🥶
Hi Ridgeway

We are heading down to Austria for a few days of skiing in March. The plan is to stop over for a night at Nesselwang in Bavaria to have a half-day skiing there before heading down to the campsite at Langenfeld.

Although there is plenty of snow it doesn't look like the lifts are running at Nesselwang. Any idea what's going on with that?

* Hi, mate ignore this just had a check on the updated webcam and it appears to be running. It looks bloody cold there at the moment* :eek:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
IMG-20230213-WA0009.jpg
some of my family group in Morzine at present. 13/03/2023.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Hi Ridgeway

We are heading down to Austria for a few days of skiing in March. The plan is to stop over for a night at Nesselwang in Bavaria to have a half-day skiing there before heading down to the campsite at Langenfeld.

Although there is plenty of snow it doesn't look like the lifts are running at Nesselwang. Any idea what's going on with that?

* Hi, mate ignore this just had a check on the updated webcam and it appears to be running. It looks bloody cold there at the moment* :eek:

Hi
There were a lot of lifts & pistes shut a week ago in the Schadming area of Austria due to major avalanches. May we’ll be open now though.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We booked on to Soeldon one year but it was so tight we got our money back and left.
We found a site a few miles away with heated drying rooms which you can have on your pitch. Really nice but not really in resort 🤔.

We are thinking of heading to Corvara colfosco
Otzal Valley Camping is best. Free shuttle Bus.

Last time we used the bus, we were the only ones on it. So the driver drove the bust straight to our site .

Just beware, Otzal camping has a Sauna / Spa facility but is a shared naked facility. But that be okay for some.

There is a superb spa facility a short walk across the river from Otzal camping

Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
New owner
Exp
new
We are in Samoens. Nice conditions but very crowded as expected for half term. Enjoying the proximity to lifts at the campsite.

IMG-20230215-WA0005.jpg

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are off to Les Deux Alpes in 4 weeks. Staying in Venosc at Champs du Moulin. It’s under new ownership so I expect a few things will have changed.

Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
New owner
Exp
new
We are off to Les Deux Alpes in 4 weeks. Staying in Venosc at Champs du Moulin. It’s under new ownership so I expect a few things will have changed.
How far from the lift is it? A walk or a bus ride?

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
How far from the lift is it? A walk or a bus ride?
It’s a 500m short walk up to the gondola and ticket office. Similar when you arrive up top. All very easily doable but I recommend finding a locker close to the main lifts. We have use Camp Base as the locker room is next door and they didn’t charge extra last time we went. I booked Slide Planet last time in error when we hired from them and they they charged for storage, bit cheeky . There are a lot of hire shops in resort. Easter can’t come quick enough. Also we have never had to use heating in the campsite at Easter, as it is at 900m and very warm. Being a glacier resort it’s always snowsure so win win.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Been at la carroz/ Flaine last week, now at telecabin car park in Megeve (motorhome parking places). snow from Tues next so moving upto Montchavin (la. Plagne).

Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
New owner
Exp
new
I enjoyed the Flaine side of Grand Massif most. In particular the reds and blues down from the Desert Blanc lift and the Diamont Noir lift. Liked the names of the runs as well😈. Where did you stay in Flaine/carroz?

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
Parked van parking area overlooking sledging area dbudunts area.easy walk into town

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Otzal Valley Camping is best. Free shuttle Bus.

Last time we used the bus, we were the only ones on it. So the driver drove the bust straight to our site .

Just beware, Otzal camping has a Sauna / Spa facility but is a shared naked facility. But that be okay for some.

There is a superb spa facility a short walk across the river from Otzal camping

This looks fab. I've put it on my list for next year !

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are at Camping Champ du Moulin and it’s deserted, it’s an absolute gem of a site so can’t understand it. 500m walk from the riverside campsite to the gondola up to resort than same again the the main gondolas and lifts. The roads are clear driving here, it’s a snowsure glacier resort so perfect for Easter skiing and the village of Venosc by the campsite has some great restaurants, cafes and artisanale shops. Should really be full :(

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We are at Camping Champ du Moulin and it’s deserted, it’s an absolute gem of a site so can’t understand it. 500m walk from the riverside campsite to the gondola up to resort than same again the the main gondolas and lifts. The roads are clear driving here, it’s a snowsure glacier resort so perfect for Easter skiing and the village of Venosc by the campsite has some great restaurants, cafes and artisanale shops. Should really be full :(

Michelle

I only clicked on your post to see your pretty face and smile ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back