Where is the mains breaker box (1 Viewer)

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
I am trying to find the mains breaker box on my 2008 Autocruise Gleneagle. The dc fuses and control box are behind the drivers seat. I looked at a similar 2008 Autocruise on a campsite and that van had the mains box behind the passenger seat. Not on mine though. Have tried the obvious method of following the cable from the input socket but with no success. Can anyone help please? I have looked in every locker and even in the box under the floor with the two leisure batteries in .

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks for that ,I will look again with my eyes fully open and hope for success . It is the obvious place to put it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Still not found. Definitely not in that locker or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe the Gleneagle has a different position? It's now driving me mad. Can still use the van obviously but I need to know in case of mains trips.
Have emailed Swift in case they know.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just a guess Barry.....

is the wardrobe floor removable ?

some vans have the charger and fuses under there.

there may be a finger hole or short strap.

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
An Anneka Rice moment

As she used to say" I've found it , I've found it"
To have a look at the DC Autocruise module I lay flat on my stomach ( not my favourite position at my age as usually get stuck) and was looking at the back of the drivers seat . Under an Autocruise made wooden box there is a module with hefty DC wires entering and leaving it which I knew about and some wires went under the front drivers seat where there was no mains box but another smaller Autocruise labelled box with thinner wires connecting to the larger DC box. The 12 volt fuses and a relay are next to the big box.This was behind a plastic cover at the back of the seat mounting. These must connect to the Autocruise labelled energy management system panel by the habitation door which controls all the DC switching.....I hope that never goes wrong as it is most likely now unavailable.
So I thought" I wonder".....and looked at the back of the passenger seat where I keep the jack roll. No mains control box there BUT if you remove the plastic cover at the bottom rear of the seat base the damn mains module is crammed in under the seat. You can just get to the mcbs but I bet you would have to take the seat out to do any work on it or replace it. Why on earth they did not put it in the seat locker behind the driver is a mystery to me as it would have been easy to get at, more logical and there is loads of space available.
So mystery solved and the sun is now shining outside and Barry is a happy bunny.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back