Where is JackieP now??? (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
So glad you are now enjoying yourself Jackie. That's a good portion of moules frites, not like here in the UK, love them!

I still can't get over you meeting up with your MH's previous owners, the odds on that must be incredible!

Have fun, and please keep telling us about your travels. :LOL:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I have one!

He's absolutelybloodyuseless! He barks like a rotweiller at a passing leaf but in the night in question. Nothing. Nada. :D
know what you mean had a rescue German Shepherd who used to hide undre a bed if anyone knocked on the door lol

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hello all,

Thought I'd drop you a note to let you know all is well.

I followed the northern coast of Spain and loved every second of it. The weather was superb, the places to stay outstanding and I made some good friend along the way. In the last few days the weather has changed for the worse and so I know it's time to move a bit further south.

I've just crossed the Portuguese border and am currently holed up in the delightful village of Vila Nova de Cerveira. It's a lovely village with a massive car park close by with all services laid on. There are only 4/5 of us die hards hanging around and taking it easy - the rest have all headed south in search of better weather.

The van is behaving itself well. I had some issues in the south of France when it wouldn't start in the mornings and discovered that my brand new very expensive Silver Varta battery had died a death. A new replacement was sought and ever since it hasn't missed a beat.

I've met some amazing people along there way. I travelled for two weeks with a French family and got on with them as if they were my very own family. I knew at some point I was going to have to bite the bullet and go off solo again and two weeks ago we parted. The first week away from them was a bit grim but I've found my feet again.

And Portugal. How I'd forgotten how much I love Portugal. After weeks in Spain with very little contact with the locals, I'd only been here half and hour and found everyone so friendly -and so very quiet by comparison to their Spanish neighbours.

So the plan is to hug the coast and slowly head south The weather isn't brilliant but it's still better than home and I'm having a fab time exploring and being a tourist for a while.

Till next time…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Great to have news! No later than yesterday I was thinking,.... Mmmmm no news of Jackie, hope all's well! and today , here you are. I must be some kind of "Jackie whisperer" lol !

JJ will be travelling down to the Algarve, so you might find him in Praia da Rocha when you get there.
But for the present time , enjoy!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Jackie, glad you are keeping a PMA about things! Regarding speaking French, we use a free App called Duolingo which, once you have downloaded it, does not require online access. It is an interactive App that requires you to write, read, listen and speak. As it is offline you can while away the hours whenever you like.
I downloaded that as well but mine won't work offline, any tips when downloading the correct one? Please.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hello!

I am having the time of my life! Love love love the south west coast of Portugal and have had some wonderful adventure.

Although travelling with some French friends was good for a while, I really began to long for my own company and a bit of solitude and so I said goodbye and it was the right thing to do.

I've just spent a few days on an estuary just onside the place called Oxiciente (dreadful spelling) with only me and the birds for company. I left this morning and called into Aljezur to the market for some sea bass and fruit and veg. Just at Vila do Bispo now in a cafe before heading to lidl for water and then heading to Barranco beach for a big outdoor fire and a bit of company over Christmas.

Feeling great. Taking every day as it comes and feeling ever grateful for the opportunity to live my life as I choose.

So, a very merry Christmas to you all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 109
Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
That looks like a pretty stunning spot to be and a view to die for as a surrounding for din-dins.(y)
So pleased that all your initial fears have disappeared into the blue of the skies.:)
Have a great Christmas.:xThumb:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Great to see you are loving life and your adventures! Have a fantastic Christmas and 2016!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Jackie we are in Ferreria do Alentejo,if after Xmas you are near you are very welcome to rest here,quiet,in the olive groves,we can sort hook up and water for you,I am a Brit and Andrea is a Canadian so we can almost speak the same language.I am on here every day so can pm you exact address.
We have plenty of space,have a lovely Xmas wherever you rest.

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Hello MrsP, I know you from another forum where I'm known as dieseldog..... Glad you are keeping well and enjoying your full time travels! We have just acquired a 1999 Hymer Starline (Mercedes) 640; I just love old Mercs. Have booked 1 way only to France on 1st April next. In September and ten days after returning from a lengthy European trip involving all our close family, 2 vans and a converted lorry, I was diagnosed with mouth cancer. Assured that it was curable I remained positive, focussing on the good prognosis. Following horrific surgery inside my mouth I have just been declared cancer free after a lengthy wait. Full marks to the NHS who acted promptly and were brilliant throughout, and still are. Sorry to hear of the problems with your lovely van, hopefully behind you now. Take care and keep on trucking with Toby Trux, aka Crusty Jack, aka dieseldog.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello MrsP, I know you from another forum where I'm known as dieseldog..... Glad you are keeping well and enjoying your full time travels! We have just acquired a 1999 Hymer Starline (Mercedes) 640; I just love old Mercs. Have booked 1 way only to France on 1st April next. In September and ten days after returning from a lengthy European trip involving all our close family, 2 vans and a converted lorry, I was diagnosed with mouth cancer. Assured that it was curable I remained positive, focussing on the good prognosis. Following horrific surgery inside my mouth I have just been declared cancer free after a lengthy wait. Full marks to the NHS who acted promptly and were brilliant throughout, and still are. Sorry to hear of the problems with your lovely van, hopefully behind you now. Take care and keep on trucking with Toby Trux, aka Crusty Jack, aka dieseldog.
Glad to hear after all your surgery you are cancer free and hope you have many trips in your lovely vintage motorhome!:xThumb:

Crusty jack

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 640
Exp
Since1994
Anthea, please forgive me for getting your name wrong.... May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a happy new year. Toby Trux

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Nice to read you kept your true brit stiff upper lip and continued with your adventure,so theres only one thing left to say ,have a very Happy 2016 and many cheerful travels,All our best Alf and M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Anthea, please forgive me for getting your name wrong.... May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a happy new year. Toby Trux
Hah no worries I have been called all sorts over the years ! And was expecting someone to say " give us a twirl" after Brucies generation game in the seventies!Happy New year to you to!

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
Hi Jackie Great to hear you having a good time,Carole and I wish you a very happy New Year.I don't get on here very often now as Carole had a set back rupturing both her tendons on a trip to Spain and yours truly is cook slush n butler lol.I often think of our trip away to Morocco and the craic at nights.Look after your self and perhaps you will get to Ireland sometime.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back