WHEN & WHERE is YOUR NEXT TRIP?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by haganap, Jan 29, 2011.

1. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi all, just thought I would catch up. Been for a good run and now slowly getting the bus ready for its next trip.

We will be off Skiing to Le Saisies in less than 2 1/2 weeks with ski's and snowboards waxed, Snow chains at the ready, new ski suits for the ever growing kids, new curtains made for the van, my newly made converted back box from a thule bike rack and ordinary back box (pics to follow) fully serviced, new tyres,

Can't wait to get on the road, due to Nikki being a statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care (1 in 10 ub40) we have a little more time on our hands if not funds.

So offski we will be going.

It got me thinking, enough about us,

as the long hard cabin fevererd funster's come to the end of the hardest winter since records began,,,

When's your next trip?

where are you off too this year?

What are you looking forward to?

lets get this chat rolling. :Wink:

2. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

We had our first weekend of the year away last weekend and went to Searles at Hunstanton, lovely and quiet it was too. So far only weekends away planned and one of them may have to be reorganised due to the killer shrimp, and no I'm not joking there really is one at Grafham Water, sailing club that is not the Caravan site :BigGrin:. Weymouth, Grafham, Rutland, Derwent Water, North Berwick, Pwllheli, Cardiff, Lymington are just a few of our weekend away places. Havent booked a main holiday away in the motorhome this year but France is a possibility as we enjoyed it so much last year. Next weekend we are gonna try the pub site where Bob & Jane are holding an April Fools Meet as Emz is sailing at Alton Water. Have a fab ski holiday, Graham my husband even mentioned us going next Xmas :Eek!:

Dale

3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We are booked up for the Newark Show with Fun, the following weekend we will be attending the MHFun April Fools meet at Tattingstone, Suffolk. Then it's off to Devon for 3 - 4 weeks taking in Lyme Regis, Brixham and Dawlish with the MCC.

Brisey

4. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Well,we need to do a couple of weekends between now and Mar.18th when we set off for France-west coast,down to Spain-dunno where yet as it'll be our 1st time,but we need to be in Algeciras mid May to join up with Desert Detours Moroccan trip.We should get home around Mid June.Few things to do here,and a trip to Canada for couple of weeks,then a few weekends in UK (hopefully some Meets,but I havn't been told yet lol) Setting off again in Nov. Spain and Portugal seem to be on Carolyn's list -we should get back here in Feb.depending how things go-it's all a moveable feast :Rofl1:

Mike.

5. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

:Rofl1::Laughing: monday ld lines to france and maybe hmmmmm,,st naz,rouon,maybe south,, who cares ,,it only cost me £45.00 return,,the dogs cost more than the m/h £ 60.00 plus vet @35 euo sorr for those who have got to stay in britian and suffer this goverment :thumb:

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Well have been stuck here in the UK for the second winter on the run,what with one thing and another except for a few short trips to northern Europe.
    So am definitely away come spring,maybe a trip across Germany to Hamburg followed by a trip up to my friend in Sweden.But as they say plans can change by the minute.
    Hope you have a good ski trip Paul.

7. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    Were off to Spain on the 14th Feb:BigGrin:, down to La Manga:BigGrin:, then on to Bennicassim:BigGrin:, back on the 23rd May:Sad:, Both CCC rallies and looking forward to meeting old friends down there and having a bit of sun. Pete:thumb::thumb:

8. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi
    We have been away twice this year already and now thinking of half term either going to Arran or joining up with Lallymac (leanne and Paul) at brighouse bay for a couple of nights.
    Then 2nd of April of to Jamaica for couple of weeks before any comments are made we aren't taking the MH.

Anyway hope you have a nice time in France and enjoy the skiing.
    Gerry

9. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Off to Melrose CC site tomorrow for two nights. First trip of the year. Planning a trip to the Netherlands in June and lots of weekends in between now and then. Can't wait to get on the road again.

10. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

next trip

hi there paul ,hpoe you guys are all well,glad u got fixed up ok.our first trip this year is for a weekend at the nec show on the CC temp site.then we are booked into sring fair at newark:thumb: hope you all have a good skiing trip,safe travels.regards brian jo and josh:Wink:

11. Toffs-G

Toffs-G Read Only Funster

We are off to Paris last weekend in February to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary (schengen visa renewal permitting)

Then to the Newbury show, Carvynick for the RVOC Easter meet

Also have plans for Amsterdam, Lille and Brugge can't wait for the better weather

Enjoy your skiing

Cheers
    Gary and Cathy

12. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

am not sure yet as smugers not told me where we are going yet as we look after each other:Wink::Wink:

13. harryoxford2

harryoxford2 Read Only Funster

Im off to See Penelope Pitstop and gang...I started getting my newly purchased van ready in sept oct I think.....due to set off in november....delay....december..delay....January?? its nearly over.

Anyway I havent wasted my time....I went off in it in all those months albeit in my front garden.

Its alot more difficult going full time than I thought. The dreams still alive..Im just in the winter blues period.

14. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Well knowing htat gang like I do, I will say a few prayers for you over the next few weeks.

Good Luck,

May the party god be with you :thumb:

15. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

We are off to a valentines meet with the East Essex CCC then the
    Newark Show, April fools meet. Easter 10 days over the channel
    Probably in Belgium and Germany. That's for starters. I would love
    To be able to join you Paul for the skiing but have a good time without us
    Anyway:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Have a great time away you lot you deserve it.

16. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

We are off to the MCC rally at Bath racecourse Feb 11th
    Not sure following that but Carmarthan & Newbury shows are on the list and we may even get in a short week with the MCC holiday rally in Brixham, end of April
    The old enemies, work and time, seem to get in the way don,t they

But looking forward to Happy Sumer Daze:thumb::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Chrisboyo N Liz

17. drago35uk

drago35uk Funster

Next Trip is Egypt 8th Feb:Rofl1: Who knows what we;ll be offered:Doh:

18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Coming back to the UK I guess .. Then staying at home for a few weeks afore hitting the road and finishing at Newark :thumb:

19. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We are quite organized this year.

We are off to Devizes for 4 days end of Feb

Near Santander for 9 days at Easter

Brittany for 7 days in the May /June half term

Costa brava 2 weeks in July/ august

Lots of weekend trips in between I hope.:thumb:

20. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

clumber park caravan club site next weekend fri after work until sunday for some cycling and walking whether permitting
    just me and her as emma is away at uni