When should Dometic 3 way fridge shut off? (2 Viewers)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Out of my depth now, however, when I switch the engine off with no gas connected and no ehu, the fridge warning triangle continues to flash warning me it needs a power input, until I manually switch the fridge off, it is not cooling, only a flashing light, I assumed that was being powered by the leisure battery, not sure how much power a flashing light uses, regardless I would rather it switched itself off after a set time in case I forget one time
I really don't see the problem, when there is no alternative power source avaliable and you don't want it working you turn it off.
That's what I do and I think everyone else does.

OP
OP
D
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Depending on age and make and model the normal default setting is:

If EHU is available the fridge will run on 240v electricity.
If no 240v electricity then the next default setting is gas.
If no 240v or gas then it will run on 12v electricity, but that tends to be only a cooler, not a fridge.

If you are driving, the fridge will keep cool on 12v
When you stop, after 15 mins, the gas will start, unless 240v available
I really don't see the problem, when there is no alternative power source avaliable and you don't want it working you turn it off.
That's what I do and I think everyone else does.
Agreed, no issue after all, think I thought of a problem that doesn’t exist ie what if I forgot to turn it off like everyone else does, pretty sure that could never happen

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My van recently spent a week at Adams Morey with the fridge set to EHU as it slipped my mind as I was taking essentials out for the van to be loaded on the recovery truck. The fridge was warm and still bleeping when I picked the van up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back