Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi Everybody,

We have a wag in semi-storage on a friends paddock & use a wheelclamp when not in use.

However, we are going full time from March & was wandering whether or not to bother taking it?

I mean, what are the chances of the wag getting nicked on a pukka site or even from an Aire? Got alarms & immobiliser. . Is it really necessay to lug around that extra weight? Or should I be paranoid?:Sad:

Views please

Billkce

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi,whenever we go away home or abroad (abroad mainly) i find the alarm and immobilizer are enough.
I do not have a wheelclamp and dont feel we need one but you have to do what makes you feel safe,thats all that counts.
Goodluck on your travels.
Dave

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
. Is it really necessay to lug around that extra weight? Or should I be paranoid?:Sad:

As Dave says, do what makes you feel comfortable.
I take a Disclok which covers the steering wheel and always put it on when I leave the van. I also carry a clutch & brake pedal lock which I use if I feel the parked location is a bit iffy. I don't use either of these overnight, but rely on the alarms I have fitted to the door and lockers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I take a Disclok which covers the steering wheel and always put it on when I leave the van. I also carry a clutch & brake pedal lock which I use if I feel the parked location is a bit iffy. I don't use either of these overnight, but rely on the alarms I have fitted to the door and lockers.

We do exactly the same.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back