Wheel Clamps

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by billkce, Oct 2, 2009.

1. billkce

billkce Funster

Hi Everybody,

We have a wag in semi-storage on a friends paddock & use a wheelclamp when not in use.

However, we are going full time from March & was wandering whether or not to bother taking it?

I mean, what are the chances of the wag getting nicked on a pukka site or even from an Aire? Got alarms & immobiliser. . Is it really necessay to lug around that extra weight? Or should I be paranoid?:Sad:

Views please

Billkce

2. david price

david price Read Only Funster

Hi,whenever we go away home or abroad (abroad mainly) i find the alarm and immobilizer are enough.
    I do not have a wheelclamp and dont feel we need one but you have to do what makes you feel safe,thats all that counts.
    Goodluck on your travels.
    Dave

3. strathspey

strathspey Read Only Funster

. Is it really necessay to lug around that extra weight? Or should I be paranoid?:Sad:

As Dave says, do what makes you feel comfortable.
    I take a Disclok which covers the steering wheel and always put it on when I leave the van. I also carry a clutch & brake pedal lock which I use if I feel the parked location is a bit iffy. I don't use either of these overnight, but rely on the alarms I have fitted to the door and lockers.

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

I take a Disclok which covers the steering wheel and always put it on when I leave the van. I also carry a clutch & brake pedal lock which I use if I feel the parked location is a bit iffy. I don't use either of these overnight, but rely on the alarms I have fitted to the door and lockers.

We do exactly the same.:thumb: