whats this exactly for

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by irnbru, Mar 9, 2014.

1. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Hi can someone tell me if this can charge a leisure battery thats not attached to anything? Its been lying in the garage for a few years. We think we bought it at a car boot sale and know it can blow the tyres up...is it just to jump a flat battery or does it charge one. Thx

Attached Files:

2. DeuceBG

DeuceBG Funster

It's to jump start a vehicle with a flat battery, blow up tyres and probably even power 12v kit from a cigarette lighter type socket but I doubt it will charge either a vehicle or leisure battery.

3. DeuceBG

DeuceBG Funster

Oh and yours also has a built-in torch and comes in handy for weighting down cans of coke which may otherwise blow away....:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  4. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Haha so ive been wasting my elec trying to get it to charge a battery. Thanks for keeping me right.

5. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Bought something similar a couple of years ago (twice!-replacement packed up soon after the original)
    It had a small car-type battery inside which had to be charged up regularly. Even when charged it hadn't the power to turn the engine over. Dumped it in the end. Might just as well charge the vehicle battery with a charger. Waste of time.:Doh:

Wyn

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

laying on a garage flor for a few years :Eeek:

Just chuck it in the bin.

It has a 12v motorcycle battery inside and like any other lead acid battery it wont tolerate being left flat for very long.

It wont recharge no matter what you do....it may appear to charge but as soon as you turn on the torch or mini compressor it will die..

7. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

the only thing that's it any good for is a boat anchor.:Blush:

8. Zains Pops

Zains Pops Funster

I've got one too in my garage,bought to start student daughters VW Golf which had an alarm discharge issue.
    Didn't work when new......not enough power to spin the motor,has been in the garage for the past few years,daughter about to turn 30 so I guess more than a few, I'll put it on the car boot pile and maybe 2014 will be the year I actually make it to a sale along all the rest of the crap I've kept for the past years.:Cool:

• Like Like x 1