IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Just spent the afternoon getting our 36ft 5th wheel out of our free storage place ,couldn't reverse it in but it drove in no problem,reversing out was a different matter and after an hour manouvering i was getting nowhere.

In the end i had to get one of our recovery trucks and pull the 5th wheel 4ft sideways to be able to reverse it out.

So it goes without saying it isn't going back in there again even though it is free.

The site owner where we have our static wants £10 per week for storage ,is that about the price

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi

When we had the original 34ft RV at willow tree secure storage just off the M23 it was about £900 per year

Hope that helps:thumb:

Cheers
Gary

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have always paid £1 per day but have now got undercover for £250 per year,like most things you have to shop around.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I think it sounds cheap actually, see

Link Removed

and we did enquire locally to Rugby about 18 months ago for daughters caravan - well over £500 per annum for something secure.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant help with pricing but i can sympathise.

takes me around 20 minutes in broad daylight, and 2 or 3 ltrs of lpg, to manoeuvre our 33ft RV up our drive...backwards....two tight 90's between tree's and a fifty foot straight in between. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Just spent the afternoon getting our 36ft 5th wheel out of our free storage place ,couldn't reverse it in but it drove in no problem,reversing out was a different matter and after an hour manouvering i was getting nowhere.

lf l were you, l would try and try again to access your free storage. If, as you said, it drove in no problem, then it should come out, no problem. l have in the past, driven artics all over the UK, Europe, and the Middle east, and it becomes second nature assessing difficult access. l have always maintained that if l could get in, l could get out. So, if you drove in easily, then it should come out reasonably easy. Imagine reversing the movements exactly, it will come out. It will, l admit, sometimes seem impossible, but practice. Also, sometimes slight movements in the wrong direction, can cause a situation that appears dire, if you are happy with your free storage (who wouldn't) keep trying. It will work.

Craig

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The site owner where we have our static wants £10 per week for storage ,is that about the price

For secure storage it's very reasonable ..

I was paying £750 per annum for my RV, and that was in 2005.

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
We wern't over happy with the storage area we had ,yes it was free EHU water &sewer on site but the guy next door could be a bit of a b*****d and every day i looked at the big rear window to make sure it wasn't smashed ,as soon as we parked it there he reported us to the council saying we were living in it .

When i put it in it was summer and the ground was hard plus i had to shunt a few times to get the truck out ,today the truck 2wd was on fairly hard but slippery mud and the truck kept sliding sidewards.

Storage on our site is not what i call secure but it could be put behind the hedge at the rear of our static so it seems £10 per week isn't too bad

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Yes l understand Ian, l was of course referring to in and out with a trailer, and as you say different ground circumstances make you slide. It doesn't sound like a nice storage area either. l pay £10 per week for storage for a 31ft RV, no ehu.

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back