What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (9 Viewers)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Brought this from Argos (Broken Link Removed) and replaced the fixed bed mattresses.

Laid the old mattresses onto the new one and marked it up. Easily cut with a new blade in the Stanley knife.

Even stripped the covers from the old mattress and squeezed them back onto the memory foam, so no more lumps and bumps:)
IMG_0322.JPG

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Chasing a wiring fault that was shorting out my power socket.
View attachment 182476
Looks like our cab this morning on a site in lourdes. Had to strip it apart to get at the blower switch and do a bodge to get fan and aircon working...it died 2hrs after getting off the chunnel driving in 34c with no aircon aint much fun!

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Errrrrrrr, don't mind me mentioning this but wouldn't it be a better idea to get the bigger dog to drive 'cos the little one can't see over the steering wheel?

The little one is the female, I don't have a problem with female drivers:D even little ones, although I must admit I would prefer she wasn't a dog:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hopefully back on the new to us motorhome making it water tight.
Progress has been slow owing to work commitments
But nothing booked in tomorrow so shuld get sumthing done
Bill

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Made a start on redoing my sills today.

Started wire brushing a week ago and it went straight through...

wire-brushed.jpg

As you can see this is well rotted.
wire-brushed-2.jpg

I bought a bunch of tools and a new sill... The Spot weld cutter was brilliant. http://amzn.to/2wkUiQz

spot-weld-drill-1.jpg

Once the top spot welds were removed I wanted to get better access so ran a slit the full length of the sill
using my angle grinder with a cutting wheel on it. From here I could see that I need to do some work on
the inner sill.

I have a large sheet of 1.2mm steel and was going to cut a patch panel for this, but then realised it was
a couple of inches too short. A quick check with my supplier and £27 later I have a full new inner sill on the way.
You can see the existing spot welds at the top of the inner sill. I just have to drill these out and plug weld
the new one in the same places.
angle-grind-1.jpg

This is going to be the hard bit.. I have to remove the door to get to this. But once out of the way. The
New inner sill and outer sill should go in fairly easy. Although the existing one does go under the side panel
so will have to patch and seam weld here..

temporary-protection.jpg

I am enjoying this....

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
You haven't blown your engine up have you dave?
Yup! The awning was the least of my problems!
Blew a hose on the way to the tunnel, got it fixed, then blew another! Head gasket gone, melted thermostat so no warning of overheating, and am now 'piston broke' in its truest sense lol!
Should be sorted by next week then try again!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Blew a hose on the way to the tunnel, got it fixed, then blew another! Head gasket gone, melted thermostat so no warning of overheating, and am now 'piston broke' in its truest sense lol!
Awww Crap :( Sorry to hear that...

It never rains..... Hopefully this is the last of your bad luck...

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bloody hell Dave thaught I was the only one that blew engines up on here
:(
Bill

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
When we bought the 'van, I didn't immediately notice but, above the front o/s of the windscreen there was a water/rust stain on the headlining from a previous ingress of H2O. (via the above cab front marker lights, since replaced and resealed.)

I resigned myself to not being able to get the ugliness out of it, However;
This afternoon I had a rummage, (cracking word) (y)under SWMBO's sink cupboard. Not a mistake. I paid for it but it is HER sink.:imoutahere:
I found this product purchased from Mercadona in Calpe.

I gave the affected area a good soaking and left it for a while, later dabbing the same with a series of paper towels.
Tah Dah!!!! Rust stains vanished as if by KH-7

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back