What do you like to do at a rally

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Wildman, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

What do you like to do at a rally. simple question and the obvious answer it to meet other funsters for a laugh, do you like booze ups, coffee mornings, competitions, races, what ideas do you have that you have not seen yet.
    lots of questions I look forward to reading your replies.

2. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Don't know - never been to a rally

But I have stood in the middle of the night in winter in Grizedale Forest watching the RAC Rally go by................................How boring was that:Wink:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

first two on your list fit the bill Roger.

coffee mornings ? whats a morning ? :Laughing:

games, competitions....may as well go to butlins :Wink:

4. Castaway

Castaway Funster

I like doing nothing!

5. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Mainly meeting other funsters putting faces to names - different rallies - different people - different circumstances - some have entertainment and its nice to go listen with a group of us - did one at Bath last year and a group of half a dozen of us had a fantastic day in the city together - at another one there was fancy dress optional with a bit of music and food - that was great fun - at another we just spent a lot of time nattering and meeting each other - the one thing we have found is that there is never enough time at a 4 or 5 day rally to meet and natter with everyone - Shepton last year - guess there was about 50 units there - I reckon we met up with about 25 of them then the daftest of things - we get in touch with laneside over the auction only to find that he was nearly opposite 40 yards aways form us and probably we said hello a couple of times but never really got to know them there - we shall make sure that is rectified this year !!
    Logically I suppose a bacon roll and a cup of tea one day and if the weather is good a communial BBQ one evening bring your own grub and drink to suit would be an answer . Most people want a chance to natter and catch up some rallies we have been on where music and things have been organised and most people have drifted off because either others get annoyed because of people talking or the music is so loud you cannot have a conversation without shouting.

6. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Rally virgins :Blush::Blush::Blush: thinking of attending one or two:Eeek:

7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

My plan with rallies is to keep it as relaxed as possible and never put people under pressure to do anything. But if something is being organised such as a BBQ or coffee morning, let them know but make sure they realise that nothing is compulsory. I have been to Rallies ( not fun one's) where I've been given an itinerary dictating my whole weekend.:Eeek: this type of busy weekend can be good, but it's not for everyone.

To those of you that have never been on a Funster rally before,you'll find that the brief when you arrive goes something like this....

There is the marquee, some people will get together for a coffee in the morning or a beer in the evening, if you see someone in there please feel free to pop in you'll be made very welcome. If you like bacon rolls, turn up hungry at the marquee at 10 am on sunday, meanwhile if you have any questions I live in that van please knock the door anytime, have a nice weekend.

Fun rallies are excellent, don't be shy, book on one, you'll be glad you did :thumb:

8. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Just go with the flow and hope have brought enough beer.

9. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I tend to wear blue mainly:Wink:

10. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Simple answer is yes :thumb:

11. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Meet other Funsters, do what we want, when we want, if we want, Chillax. Dont like to feel under pressure and wouldnt want Funsters to feel the same if we organised a local Meet.

Dale

12. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

What Jim & Snowbird said :Smile:

13. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If rallying in a strange area..... do try to do a bit of site seeing in the area... An odd glass of "Spanish Sweet White Wine".. and general chilling out... And I do have the urge to do a bit of metal detecting when the washing up is due to be done.. :Wink::RollEyes:

14. JJ

JJ Funster

I think Funsters should have the opportunity to do good works if they want like fence building or black van polishing... :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

JJ

15. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

We know he needs a fence building, but didn't know Roger had bought a black van.
    Nice of you to think of him, though.

16. Wildman

A rally as opposed to a show is a good chance to explore new areas and try new things rather than just sit on site, it is an excellent opportunity to develop friendships and maybe try things that you wouldn't normally think of doing. Or just sit and chill with a glass of milk, hee hee.
    Plenty of room at our place if anyone fancies trying boule, or ringer (horseshoes)

17. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Love boules Roger,used to play every day when in France and Spain,dont get much chance here in the UK,was thinking of building a pitch in the garden.Used to be quite a good shooter,but am a bit out of practice now.

18. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

I like to do nothing or everything, depending on what I decide to do. Can not stand being horanged and harassed in to doing boules, treasure hunting, fence building or anything else.

Nikki and I like to organise a bbq, coffee morning, or anything else to get a few to meet each other, then its up to them.

watch this space:Wink:

19. Wildman

I am of a mind to make facilities available rather than harass or harangue anyone into doing anything I was looking for inspiration, thats all. Fence building was never on the agenda at a meet for me but Jim needs help.
    so thanks everyone for your suggestions and ideas. I'll just sit back and let it all happen or not as the case may be.

20. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

I think you are right Roger - nothing we have done at a Rally or a meet has really been preplanned - it is always spur of the moment decisions - you go to a show you know you are going to look around the show for certain but everything else will depend basically on who's there - where it is and what the weather is doing and then go with the flow as they say.