What are you up to this weekend? (5 Viewers)

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Just sat in an industrial estate south side of Sheffield, phoned them yesterday for some thermal screens making for our new A class, they said just call in well measure and make em while you wait, great service from Polar Thermal Screens Sheffield.
I know it’s hot weather but might as well get em done now before the rush starts.

Just a shout out for a company that deserves a mention because of their exceptional service.

http://www.minsterproducts.co.uk

They do the Polar Thermal Screens, I phoned yesterday afternoon to book a measure appointment, they like you to go and have the van measured as it’s a A class. I’m only 20 miles away so I booked in for 9 am, upon arrival they measured, and said we can make them now, 1 1/2 hours later, all made to measure, fit perfectly, I can only say I’ve never had customer service like it.

I can highly recommend them.

Their main Buisness is thermal screens for supermarket freezer rooms, so it’s top quality material they use.

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
We are at the Bluedot Festival. Hired a Bailey Approach 754 Autograph as ours is in dry dock currently.
Very swish. But everything works, nothing falls off, and it moves quicker than my car. Certain amount of fun missing there I think ;-)

Any funsters here? See a couple of smiley flags, but one is attached to a caravan egads!

We have only seen smiley flags on caravans? We were at the Haven Site at Caister on Sea fir the week from 28th June and saw a Touring caravan with Smiley flying and spent the last weekend at Brean Sands. You’ve guessed - a caravan parked 150 yds from us on the row opposite
with a flag pole flying Smiley and the Help for hero’s flags. We look at Motorhome windscreens all the time trying to spot Smiley Stickers. The only one spotted was on a Laika A Class on the M25 anti-clockwise on Thursday 4th July. The sticker was huge about 8” in diameter and on the drivers side window. Where did they get those big stickers from?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We are throwing our annual street BBQ tomorrow (Saturday) 3pm to the early hours, thank god for the motorhome fridge as that is rammed as well as the freezer and fridge freezer in the house.
Bound to be living on leftovers for a few days after.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Got a paintbrush in hand all weekend, last bits before the photos are taken and the house is up for sale.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We’re on a THS with the CCC at Pateley Bridge with Leeds DA.
Been here since Thursday and tomorrow we’re off to Hawes till Sunday.
Nothing here except water and elsan, space , peace , nothing organised for you , doing what ever you want to do .
Bliss.
All for £10.50 a night .
38761E2C-8050-4FF7-8AB9-11351751278D.jpeg
0B2454F2-09D1-4D42-ADC3-6F4ADA873786.jpeg
4008B871-D71C-45D5-AD23-F59870F868BA.jpeg
E7BEBEE3-D655-4C8D-B3F1-4CE59D0D51A9.jpeg
C862CE73-FB1D-47BA-AA48-C9842F75F228.jpeg

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Just sat in an industrial estate south side of Sheffield, phoned them yesterday for some thermal screens making for our new A class, they said just call in well measure and make em while you wait, great service from Polar Thermal Screens Sheffield.
I know it’s hot weather but might as well get em done now before the rush starts.
Polar are a great company to deal with. The thermal screens are also effective at keeping the van cool too.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Four day week.
So first stop on Thursday is old mo's Weston Croft for 1 night then off to Tewkesbury abbey CMC for two nights.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
After the longest 6 months wait in our lives, we just picked up our new Globebus, slapped on the yellow sticker, and are absolutely chuffed to nuts with it. We spent two nights away to check everything out, and have now driven back over to home. Hopefully this week we'll get a couple of nights away with the dogs as well to shake things down. So, so, excited!!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Reporting back that the Harry wedding is paying for itself tenfold.:)
Spent the day at Windsor yesterday, to say the place is heaving with foreign tourists is a vast understatement. Tour guide with lines of newly arrived visitors from every corner. Trains coaches busses cars arriving full to the gunnels with Chinese Germans Americans French. Queues hundreds of yards long for the castle tour. Fantastic weather fantastic experience for every one of them. Did you hear that @ShiftZZ......The Royals are most definitely showing a profit.(y)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Off to Daleacres in kent on Friday for the weekend and then off through the tunnel to who knows where - France, Germany.......on Monday.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
You'll have to buy some Forfar Bridies and visit Glamis Castle.
Went to Glamis Castle today ,enjoyed it very much ,what an impressive sight with so much history(y),as for the Bridies ,I’ve sussed out where to buy them and we will be trying them this week for sure:)
Brian & Jo

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Setting off for Scotland on Saturday towards Aviemore for Saturday night then up to Brora MCC site for Sunday (so I can watch the Grand Prix) then heading north with 10 days to go wherever we please...

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Went to Glamis Castle today ,enjoyed it very much ,what an impressive sight with so much history(y),as for the Bridies ,I’ve sussed out where to buy them and we will be trying them this week for sure:)
Brian & Jo
I spent almost 10 years as a baker in Scotland. Used to make Bridies by the hundred every day. When we go home now, we have terrible trouble getting bridies as the supermarkets have killed off traditional bakers. If you would like to make them yourself the filling is made out of a mixture of minced beef, dried potato flakes , dried onion inside a puff pastry case.
If you want a REAL treat, go to a local butchers and ask for a family steak pie. They are traditional Scottish fare at Hogmanay or for Sunday lunch. Dare I say it go to any ASDA and buy one under the Malcolm Allan name. When we go to Scotland we bring 3 or 4 back and freeze them. Serve them with creamy mashed potato and peas. Yummy!!!(y)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
This weekend we're off to Aberaeron Coast caravan site in Wales. It's the first time since we got our van 4 weeks ago that we wont be having wall to wall sunshine, possibly some heavy rain on Friday and Sunday. All part of the learning curve I keep telling myself:whistle:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Off to Strathclyde Country Park this afternoon for one night then a further stopover at the Ashes Kendal before heading to Grassington for 4 nights. After that, back to Kendal (CMC site) for 2 nights, up to Keswick for 2 nights at the Derwentwater site then across country to River Breamish for 3 nights. Last stop is in Glenrothes, 14 nights away, yeehaa (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
This weekend we're off to Aberaeron Coast caravan site in Wales. It's the first time since we got our van 4 weeks ago that we wont be having wall to wall sunshine, possibly some heavy rain on Friday and Sunday. All part of the learning curve I keep telling myself:whistle:
Hope it's a good shake down.
( do everything slowly so you don't look panicky! But no worries some one will come and help I'm sure!!!)
Enjoy!!

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Rearranging the MoHo garage - under supervision of Senior Management - to put two fold-up bikes in......
That'll be fun Tanya

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I'm sure that our story was repeated all over the place last night. The weather forecast that we'd heard for last night had no mention of strong winds, so we decided to leave the awning up overnight. it got a bit 'blowy' around 10.45pm and our dog was starting to bark at the noise the awning was making, so we made the decision to wind it in. Around 1.30am the mother of all rainstorms started closely followed by thunder and lightning. Around 4am the wind turned to gale force. Sleeping was impossible with all the din. We could hear lots of commotion outside and pulled up the blind a were confronted by the occupants of 5 tents trying hard to stop their tents taking off. The rain was horizontal, three of the women wore PJs with a jacket on top, they were absolutely drenched. If I was 10 years younger I would have gone to lend a hand:whistle: In the end once the rain stopped, we went over and offered a cup of tea which they gladly accepted, my heart went out to them;)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Removing my Sterling B2B charger, inverter and secondary battery bank which the dealer doesn't want! Another week to go before we pick up the Arto - everything seems to be creeping by at a snail's pace at the moment!

I am in the throes of moving the gates forward to give me an extra metre of room to park the new van beside the house and the same with a rockery and wall at the back to give me another few feet extra.

The only inconvenience is that the Arto door is on the offside which means that its on the far side of the van from the house if I reverse in like I normally do. I don't think that I can drive in front first as I can't get enough swing at it with the parked cars across the road. It will no doubt resolve itself in due course!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We're @old-mo's gaff where he's been earbashing us all morning going on and on so we've escaped to the pub (y)

:giggler::giggler:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
trying to recover from our annual bash with my 3 grandsons. Got a bit of time to get ready to take john's 4 (3girls 1boy, poor soul)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Had a lovely bunch of guest`s this weekend... all from the world wide web...

Except one lot who have upset all the other campers.... so much so.... that three of them have buggered off and would not recommend us to their worst enemy...

Wont name them for fear of being prosecuted...

But he has got a Bad Ankle or Elbow or summat like that... :doh:

Anyway going to evict them tomorrow and try and do a bit to keep the only survivor here a bit longer... Perhaps give him his money back and half a dozen bottles of wine to keep his gob shut.. :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back