What are you up to this weekend? (5 Viewers)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have to say the food at the Gate Inn is very variable. We've had good and bad meals in there so it's a bit of pot luck really.

Happy birthday and enjoy your holiday.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Have to say the food at the Gate Inn is very variable. We've had good and bad meals in there so it's a bit of pot luck really.

Happy birthday and enjoy your holiday.

Thanks @denisejoe we've had 2 really nice meals there:D...we'll see what's on the menu...just thankful it's open and serving food....you never know these days...pubs seem to go out of business in the blink of an eye:(

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
At the moment in Lincolnshire but moving south don't know share to or how far
Just she share we end up

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Bingham grange for the week, lots of time at westbay and bexington beach fishing while SWMBO relaxes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Spending Saturday on a London walkabout, starting early Leicester Square breakfast and a wine in Weatherspoon's. Not got a plan together yet but would like to include Liberties, we have a hundred pound voucher to spend in Selfridge's not sure if I could manage afternoon tea following Weatherspoon's breakfast but voucher lasts until end of year so will see, "it was a Christmas gift". Walk down to the Embankment and get on the Thames Clipper for half hour followed by a number of other ideas so will play it by ear. The weather forecast is good so should be a great day out...(y):cool:

Reactions: Pia

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just fitted a triple 12 volt power point which runs off the habitation battery so we can charge our mobile phones over night. Also fitted a gas and smoke detector, and repaired the ornamental bedroom ceiling led lights, One isn't quiet the right color but it will have to do. Next job is to convert the Boot into a kennel for the dog.
Be careful about leaving chargers on overnight especially if they are replacement ones (not OEM) as they have been known to catch fire ... I don't leave anything charging overnight or if we're not in the van for this reason. As for the dog in the boot ... is this just for when 'static' or travelling?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Down to Rye for the weekend so that early monday the window seal can be replaced.Using it as a dry run for next week's 9 week trip to spain, france, italy croatia austria and back

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Tomorrow is the big day.

After endless delays on selling our apartment in Cyprus to a Cypriot buyer and learning what Manyana really does mean, searching endless adverts for camper vans in France, some on free-ad sites with just three photos, one of the front, one of the back and one of the sock drawer, with barely more description that "Fiat Ducato Camping Car" and discovering just how far away our nearest cities are, finally finding the right van and leaving a deposit only for the dealer to 'lose' or 'misplace' or 'overlook' our €32K bank transfer made the next day and not mention it for a fortnight which was 2 days before the delivery date, then the next day cancelling the delivery date because they had broke something that now needed mending, and the local railway line being closed for repairs, the mainlines closed by strikes and all but one of our friends who could run us the 170Km to the dealers being away on holiday, the dealers who have had three weeks to prepare the van only now start to fit the reversing camera, finally we have confirmation that we can collect it!

Other than that, nothing really.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am going to Peterborough Show after Lyndon Top for a couple of days, but think World events will overtake that, so am going prepare to end up in West Wales, in the van, anywhere, but away from Dover which is a MAJOR strategic target, and I live in the middle of it.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We were going to Horam Park with East Sussex CMC bit it’s been cancelled as it’s too wet. Looked around for somewhere else and came up with Littlehampton Club site. There are just us three vans going I hope the weather is fine. It’s only 20 minutes from home but our friends are about 45 minutes away. It’s not where you go for the weekend necessarily, it’s the good company.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Back to Canterbury P&R again. Need to pick up something we ordered last weekend which they didn't have in stock. Weather's looking quite good too.
I not knowing much think she is wrong it's supposed it be ramsgate with ccc rally and going to Canterbury on bus Saturday but I could be wrong.

Joe

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
It'll be worth the wait Nicepix. Get out and enjoy it as much as you can.

Denise

Thank you. (y)

Our friends took us down to Bordeaux and the after a little light shopping and treating them to lunch at an Italian Restaurant we called at the dealers and did the business. It turned out that the salesman had collapsed at work a few days after we had left the deposit and was still in hospital hence the lack of coordination regards our order. The mechanic did the handover stuff and explained how everything works. I will have forgotten most of it by tomorrow, but there is a suitcase sized bag of instruction manuals for everything from the sink plug to the satellite receiver so I can always refer.

The 170km journey home was without problem, and if you were in the 17 plate Bailey or Rapido tag axle heading north towards Angouleme on the N20 this afternoon I apologise for making you look, well, slow :p After four years of living in the slow lane and stirring the gearbox with our old 73 bhp 1986 C25 camper I just had to exploit the new van's more than double the horsepower and oodles of torque. 100km of motorway and no gear changing. Almost like an automatic with the poke this engine has.

By the time I get home from helping some friends with their renovations tomorrow Little Wife will have filled the cupboards and drawers with all her stuff and there will be barely room in the wardrobe for anything of mine :(

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think the weather forecast is good so the sky is the limit. Would you believe that I washed all the bedding today put the first load in at 6am and it is now dry and folded.....:cool::)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Heading to Forfar Lochside. Forecast is good so hope it stays that way.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Off to Hook in Hampshire Thursday for the Classic Hymer Weekend at the Fox and Goose, albeit ours is not a classic, its a later model, but hey ho

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are going to Malham Friday to Monday. Looking forward to it as we've not been for a while. We used to go when we were courting taking a 1 man tent , a big tray of cans and a camping stove 24 year ago .
Then have been with the kids once they came along numerous times too.
It's a favourite of ours.
As is the walk to Janet's foss , over to Gordale scar up over the top to Malham cove , down the steps into Malhamdale for a real ale in the pub!
Ralph's taking his new outdoor stove stuff ( it's all super light weight bushcraft stuff) and we are going to cook lunch up on the top of Malham cove . Weather permitting. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We are going to Malham Friday to Monday. Looking forward to it as we've not been for a while. We used to go when we were courting taking a 1 man tent , a big tray of cans and a camping stove 24 year ago .
Then have been with the kids once they came along numerous times too.
It's a favourite of ours.
As is the walk to Janet's foss , Malham tarn, up over the top to Malham tarn , down the steps into Malham to the pub!
Ralph's taking his new outdoor stove stuff ( it's all super light weight bushcraft stuff) and we are going to cook lunch up on the top of Malham cove . Weather permitting. Fingers crossed.
No idea where it is but it sounds great.......(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back