Whale 13 Litre Water heater dead (1 Viewer)

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
We have a 13l Whale water heater in our 2012 motorhome like this one:-

http://www.whalepumps.com/rv/produc...0&Product_ID=21&FriendlyID=Water-Heater-13ltr

It seems to have died completely. There are no indicators on the control panel. It doesn't work on Mains or Gas. I was hoping it would be something as simple as a 12v Fuse but I have measured 12V at the input terminals and the switches on the control panel all seem to deliver 12V on the right terminals as expected.

Before I check this in with a Whale expert, does anyone know if there is something silly I may have missed?

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I'm no Whale expert but do quite a bit with control systems. If you are measuring voltage at all the places you think you should be getting it and assuming gas is there and water is present and you have tried the power down wait thirty seconds then power up again and none of that has worked and there are no plugs fallen out of any sockets then I'd say you haven't missed anything obvious and it's time to call in the tech. As you have nothing on the control panel then I'd be looking at the main propcessor control board as the likely culprit. Good luck!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
have you checked for internal fuses or reset buttons im not familiar with whale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
have you checked for internal fuses or reset buttons im not familiar with whale
I couldn't see anything obvious. The manual describes a reset number of "lock outs" but these should all show a different number of flashes on one of the LEDs. I did try that but to no avail. I couldn't see anything on the circuit board looking like a fuse and I've tried resetting the 12V power several times.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i know with the truma there is a hidden internal fuse. all I can suggest is you phone whale's technical number for support. it will be in the user manual at the back

OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Thanks All. I just contacted Whale and it sounds like the main board which will need to be replaced by the dealer. The good news (for me) is that there is a 5 year warranty on Whale water heaters apparently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back