West coast of Scotland locations. (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2021
Gosport
Funster No
MH
Swift RIO 310
Exp
since 2021
A coupe of years ago I followed the NC500 route, which was a lot of miles in a short timescale. This September I am planning a trip from the south coast (Hampshire) to the West coast of Scotland. I am a photographer and this trip is to photograph landscapes and seascapes. Once I arrive at the West coast I would prefer to stay on sites for a few days so I will not be venturing up to the top of Scotland this trip. I would appreciate recommendations for campsites on or very close to beaches (I have a greyhound who loves to run on sand) If not beaches the lochs are also of interest. I may well stop of at Loch Lomond on route and a diversion to Glen Coe is not out of the question.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
The CAMC affiliated site at North Ledaig is on a beach that is quite large. The site is sloped so I suspect every pitch has an uninterrupted view of the sea and Mull. Bus outside the gate to Oban and on a tarmac cycle way too. Glen Coe is very close by

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2023
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
AS winchcombe
Exp
Since 2014
Sunnyside croft campsite silver sands between arisaig and malaig. The views are stunning over the islands. Direct access to beach. Short drive to arisaig or malaig for shops. Site has small shop. But very bejou. The views and beach are to die for. I think it's a couple of night spot as it's a bit steep on price. But the views. Wow .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back