We're back

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Loujess, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

From our trip to 'Another Place' over at Crosby. Thank you for all the posts before I went and I certainly took them 'on board'. I hate that trendy expression but it fits. We went to see Dream at St Helens and it was so inspirational as was Another Place. We wild-camped at the car park in front of the Coast Guard at Crosby. It was lovely and peaceful, once the day-trippers went home, and Ellie, our dog, had a lovely long prom and beach to chase her ball on. Also, the coastal path, which starts there, is said to run all the way to Southport and was a beautiful walk at 7.30am the next morning. Then we went north and stopped at Freshfields at the Red Squirrel Forest, another lovely place well worth a visit. Then we spent 2 nights at Abbey Farm near Ormskirk and went into Southport a couple of times. Nasty beach but a lovely clean town with lots of shops and things to do. It was just a pity we had to get home so soon, since I;m sure we could have spent another week in Lancashire at least.

Ivy

2. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

What did you think of the statues Ivy ? :Smile:

3. Loujess

I was really impressed, they had such a haunting quality about them. As if they represented humanity looking far into the distance for answers. I suppose we could all put our own interpretation on them but i just feel they are a 'must see' work of art. Funny really because, as I'm sure you know, the sculptor, Anthony Gormley, also designed the Angel of the North and, apart from being a landmark, I can't see the point in that.

Ivy

4. dellwood33

As you may know, the "Angle of the North" is a local landmark to me and I for one don't like it. Looks like an aircraft has crashed Tail Down :BigGrin:
    It causes a load of accidents when people are distracted by it on the main A1:RollEyes:

I liked the figures on the beach & as you say they are open to your own interpretation.:Smile:

5. tick59

tick59 Funster

The Angel looked great when they climed up and put a big No 9 Newcastle United Shirt on it. It will never look as good again, but when i am coming home at night the Angel is a work of art with the street lights behind her.:Smile::Smile:P.S IT IS A ANGEL not an ANGLE.

6. Loujess

Seems interchangeable to me. What Angel's wings stick out at 90 degrees?

Ivy

7. nicklb

nicklb Read Only Funster

I worked in the area two years ago and used to have my lunch on the carpark once a week, I agree it is a nice area and the statues are good but knowing the area i have to congratulate you on your bravery at wild camping, I wish I had the guts

8. dellwood33

You call it what you like - to me it will always be the "Angle" of the North :BigGrin: & it was deliberatley written like that.
    PS the statue is based on Gormleys body profile and is therfore not a She :Smile: