Well, we've only gone and been and done it! (1 Viewer)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Diane, the only people that we met while in Scotland were people from Manchester. Our neighbours on the site were from your town, as were the folk opposite, as was the family we met in the mobile chip shop queue, and of course you guys. Is there something we don't know about Manchester, lol. Sadly we won't be visiting soon but if that changes then I'll be sure to pack the cleaning kit:cool:

Best wishes from us both,

Andrew & Nic

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Well done, still looking as no point in getting mine till I retire in 2019, but do like the Pilote range, they look good and are sensibly designed.
Like the idea of the toilet/shower room.
Been to Hayes a few times so any feedback about them would be good also the whole Pilote buying process.
Well done and good travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
@Jands, Hayes are a true family firm, Steve & Bill Hayes on the sales side, Chris on service/technical and Tina in the office. There may be more family members but those are the ones we met. They are lovely to deal with, so helpful and friendly. The one or two minor niggles we have had, they have sorted without problem.

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Out of interest, having never been in your situation but will, did you haggle on the price or extras?

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
We didn't haggle but think we got a good deal anyway. We had a budget of bang on £50,000 but didn't tell Hayes this. The list price was just over our budget, we added spare wheel, solar panel, dual camera and second leisure battery and the total price was £49,995. Result!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Out of interest, having never been in your situation but will, did you haggle on the price or extras?

Jands,

There are eight Pilote Dealers in the UK and all of them seem to have their own deal and price thresholds. We kept an eye on the Pilote dealers for months and I have to say that some dealers would charge an arm and a leg for the same van when compared to others.

If you don't have a PX then my advice is to keep an eye on the dealer network until you're ready to buy and then place an offer of between £2-3,000 below the lowest UK advertised price at the dealer of your choice.

If you start the conversation by saying "I want to buy today" then I find the salesman react very swiftly indeed.

All the best,

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back