Weighbridges near Truro (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hello everyone, two questions if you can help. We set off for Brittany on Friday evening, Plymouth to Roscoff, and I'd like to weigh the van before we go. does anyone know of a good, local weighbridge in the Truro/St Austell area? (We live in Probus). Second question relates to parking a motorhome in Plymouth. We are meeting friends for a meal before we board the ferry. They are in a car so no problem parking for them, we will be in the van. I'm resigned, even as a tight, ex-pat Yorkshireman, to paying the £10 charge to park up at the ferry port and walking to the restaurant (Barbican pasta bar) if I have to, but does anyone know if parking a motorhome elsewhere (maybe near the Hoe) is possible? Many thanks. Ps van, with bike rack on, is around 7.5m long, 3m high.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
There is one down the road from Truro Sainsburys. Not used it myself as we use the one at the Quarry other side of Penryn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For Gods sake Hymer. Whats up with you?.

Have you been down here so long that you've forgotten your roots? Us Tykes have been genetically modified to not be able to reach down to the bottom of their pockets, at least I have!!!

There is no need to pay for parking at the ferry port if you're catching the ferry. Just drive into the corral that's set aside for the purpose and go to the Barbican. So long as you get back to Millbay before the tug leaves, you'll be fine.
We've parked up at the ferryport for the whole night before the next mornings ferry without charge. It's expected.

OP
OP
HymerB544
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
! Tha'll do for me old lad. Back 'ome ten quid would 'ave gotten me a curry for me an' twife wi summat left ovver.

When I was at school I had a mate who was that tight he could peel an orange in his pocket, and I remember my grandad used to tell me, "if tha ever does owt for nowt, allus do it for thissen."

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
look after thee pennies the pounds look after thee selves .
think there must be more yorkshire folk darn here than locals .
mind my family did leave from down here in the 1800,s to dig deep coalmines up north .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2vans

Free Member
Sep 3, 2015
cornwall
Funster No
MH
hymer 640
Exp
For parking park on the road outside the citadel or hoe approach just a little way from the mayflower steps on the barbican. Loads of space it's one way so plenty wide enough and it's free parking after 6.00pm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back