Weighbridges near Truro

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by HymerB544, Sep 3, 2015.

1. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Hello everyone, two questions if you can help. We set off for Brittany on Friday evening, Plymouth to Roscoff, and I'd like to weigh the van before we go. does anyone know of a good, local weighbridge in the Truro/St Austell area? (We live in Probus). Second question relates to parking a motorhome in Plymouth. We are meeting friends for a meal before we board the ferry. They are in a car so no problem parking for them, we will be in the van. I'm resigned, even as a tight, ex-pat Yorkshireman, to paying the £10 charge to park up at the ferry port and walking to the restaurant (Barbican pasta bar) if I have to, but does anyone know if parking a motorhome elsewhere (maybe near the Hoe) is possible? Many thanks. Ps van, with bike rack on, is around 7.5m long, 3m high.

2. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  3. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

There is one down the road from Truro Sainsburys. Not used it myself as we use the one at the Quarry other side of Penryn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

For Gods sake Hymer. Whats up with you?.

Have you been down here so long that you've forgotten your roots? Us Tykes have been genetically modified to not be able to reach down to the bottom of their pockets, at least I have!!!

There is no need to pay for parking at the ferry port if you're catching the ferry. Just drive into the corral that's set aside for the purpose and go to the Barbican. So long as you get back to Millbay before the tug leaves, you'll be fine.
    We've parked up at the ferryport for the whole night before the next mornings ferry without charge. It's expected.

5. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

! Tha'll do for me old lad. Back 'ome ten quid would 'ave gotten me a curry for me an' twife wi summat left ovver.

When I was at school I had a mate who was that tight he could peel an orange in his pocket, and I remember my grandad used to tell me, "if tha ever does owt for nowt, allus do it for thissen."

6. vwalan

vwalan Funster

look after thee pennies the pounds look after thee selves .
    think there must be more yorkshire folk darn here than locals .
    mind my family did leave from down here in the 1800,s to dig deep coalmines up north .

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2vans

2vans Read Only Funster

For parking park on the road outside the citadel or hoe approach just a little way from the mayflower steps on the barbican. Loads of space it's one way so plenty wide enough and it's free parking after 6.00pm

• Like Like x 1