Website...motorhomingfrance?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by gypsyrose, Aug 6, 2012.

1. gypsyrose

gypsyrose Funster

Can anyone please tell me about this website? http://www.motorhomingfrance.co.uk/
    We plan to explore France (and Belgium) much more than in the past and wonder if it is worth the £18 annual subs? Yet another thing to join?!
    Many thanks! :BigGrin:

2. bungy

bungy Funster

ive been subscribed for a couple of years, but probably wont be renewing again

It served it purpose for me at the time but now i tend to use this one,and hints and tips from other funsters, in conjunction with aire/campsite POIs on a satnav and auto-route

Some good tours on it though

3. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

It says annual membership is on offer at £12 so probly worth a punt and see how it goes:thumb:

4. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi I found it very good website as Alan who is the webmaster vets most of the sites himself and would recommend it , Used for last four years invalueable info all in english, great photo's, good map refs. I've printed off all the aires and now have a good data base so that when I go again I take the relevant pages in a folder of the areas that we will be going to,then I can browse at my leisure ,
    Hope you have a good time when go . Terry:Cool:

5. gypsyrose

gypsyrose Funster

Thanks for your replies, I had failed to notice that there was a reduced price of £12 for new members so .....went for it! Looks good and will give me loads of info to keep me happy whilst I plan our vacances!!:Wink:

6. ojibway

ojibway Funster

I've been using this site for years now. It is bang up-to-date with all the aires right across Europe and a lot of campsites, too.
    I buy their dongle every year with all the aires which I can look at on my laptop when not online and I add them as POIs on my TomTom.
    The site is basically a French motorhome forum of which I am a member (free) and have contributed to over the years. It helps if you speak French but I believe it's translated into English too.:thumb:
    When you enter the site click "cliquez pour entrer" to get into the site then "chercher/ajouter une aire" for a list of aires by country. There are 7366 aires in France and counting!
    Mike

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. ojibway

ojibway Funster

I just noticed that the link I provided was underneath "this site" which looks like I was referring to Motorhomingfrance where as the link I was suggesting takes you to www.campincar-infos.com :Doh:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012