LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Has anyone tried one of the new smart WebOS Cello Traveller TVs? They seem to be much cheaper than the equivalent Avtex TVs.
Was looking at thoughts about sound quality, viewing angle etc.. It seem to cost much less.

Views or thoughts are welcome!

Cheers

OP
OP
cbrookson

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Well, I bought one: The 22" one was about half the price of the similar Avtex.
No complaints and seems to work in a similar way with the Operating System.
The audio seems OK, and the Apps work fine for IPlayer etc.

Runs off 12 Volts and Mains, a different DC Plug of course.

Just leaving this in case anyone else is looking at one.

Cheers

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We brought one, well 2, given up now. Went back today in fact.
First one dead on arrival with water damage in box.
Second one no water damage, also DOA. Didn't turn on on 12V or 240V.

I'm sure if you have one it'll work. We plan to go buy an Avtex later this week, pickup the van tommorow. My time is too short to deal with Cello's Quality problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We brought one, well 2, given up now. Went back today in fact.
First one dead on arrival with water damage in box.
Second one no water damage, also DOA. Didn't turn on on 12V or 240V.

I'm sure if you have one it'll work. We plan to go buy an Avtex later this week, pickup the van tommorow. My time is too short to deal with Cello's Quality problems.
If your time is that short is it worth buying one at all? šŸ˜
Sorry, my wife says I've got a funny sense of humour! Anyway, we bought a cheapo returns unit from Argos years ago. Probably 16 years. It does not have
any Freeview facility, but does have a dvd, which we never use. The channels are spread all over the place with no logic, and change places each time you move and retune. But otherwise, it's good. I was intending to buy the Traveller, but am now concerned about reliability. But even so, the price hike to the Avtex thingy is huge. It might be worth talking the risk. You can always send it back.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Yeah, to be honest I'm just saying for a British built TV, from amazon it shouldn't take 3 attempts to get a working one. First one may have been courier to blame but now with the returns I've had to take 2 back to ship back to Amazon, and they hold the money UNTIL the unit is checked back into Amazon. It's taken a week, and our "new to us" motorhome is pickup day tommorow, we have no TV and no ability to get one for a week. I would like that, but the wife would like to keep up with her soap operas whilst we gone.

I'm sure the Cello is great "when it works", it was just my personal expeirnec of their "quality" I am sharing.

Do Argos even do 12V TV's still, I couldn't find any yesterday as that would be an option to pick on up "on the road" tormmorrow? I'll probably just have to resort to a leisure shop with an Avtex in stock though.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yeah, to be honest I'm just saying for a British built TV, from amazon it shouldn't take 3 attempts to get a working one. First one may have been courier to blame but now with the returns I've had to take 2 back to ship back to Amazon, and they hold the money UNTIL the unit is checked back into Amazon. It's taken a week, and our "new to us" motorhome is pickup day tommorow, we have no TV and no ability to get one for a week. I would like that, but the wife would like to keep up with her soap operas whilst we gone.

I'm sure the Cello is great "when it works", it was just my personal expeirnec of their "quality" I am sharing.

Do Argos even do 12V TV's still, I couldn't find any yesterday as that would be an option to pick on up "on the road" tormmorrow? I'll probably just have to resort to a leisure shop with an Avtex in stock though.
I think I'll give it a go..TV is not imperative for us, and we have one anyway. There's an offer if you buy direct at the mo. 20% off, I think. At least direct would give more chance of good one, you'd think.

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
Just bought the non-WebOS (but updated graphics) one with the built in DVD direct from Cello. Arrived next day in good working order. The previous Cello one had developed a cracked screen after about a year (possibly due to the state of British roads, possibly the seat cushion pushing against the base when the locker below was opened).

The new one (https://celloelectronics.com/product/22-full-hd-widescreen-led-tv/) has much better sound than the old one it replaced - much less tinny and hollow. However no 12V cable in the box and no physical on/off switch.

cheers,

Robin

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We bought one of these :-
Broken Link Removed

plus a 12V DC to 19.2V DC converter from computer power supplies and we have an excellent freeview plus Net flix etc etc for half the price of the Avtex equivalent.

We were recommended this solution by a Funster, whose name I canā€™t recall šŸ‘

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I think I'll give it a go..TV is not imperative for us, and we have one anyway. There's an offer if you buy direct at the mo. 20% off, I think. At least direct would give more chance of good one, you'd think.
Yeah, we'd have ordered direct if it wasn't for fact we live in suffolk and shipping from non-amazon places is usually far from next day, more like in next week if you lucky... (Amazon are only ones who deliver on weekends free too!). I liked the Cello enough to try "twice" as it was, just with being bitten with poor shipping luck, I think I'll try another for the third try.

Ref; the LG from Argos and a converter, that may indeed be an option, and I'm taking an inverter with us, which would work until I can get an 12-19v DC->DC converter rigged up, and has advantage we use LG tv's everywhere already ((in our house) so it's wife friendly .. or more wife friendly than a new OS. And I stand a chance of "getting" the 24" LG from Argos same day.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Purchased a Cello 22 inch Web os TV from Amazon three weeks ago, picture is OK but I found the sound very poor for music, just purchased a little Sony Bluetooth speaker and it's excellent.
I thought the Web os looked familiar and realised its exactly the same set up as my new LG television that I have at home. Built in Apps work really well, overall really pleased with it.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
I purchased a Sniper TV in 2019....super bit of kit, Freeview tuner, satellite tuner and the rest.... plus DVD player... it was Ā£180 at the time.... works great on 240v and 12v and superb on the Sat dish.... brilliant for Mrs SG on the Firestick for that Nutflinx thing and CGN for my cycling.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back