Weather-North of Scotland

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by gordoncbrown, Jul 10, 2013.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Mixed reports aboutthe weather in the far north of Scotland. Any one up there that can tell me what it's been like and if the forecast has been reasonably accurate recently?

Thanks

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

So you've seen the one issued by the tourist board and the one issued by the sheep farmers.

I know which I'd trust.

"I say, the weather in the jolly old north of Scotland has been simple stunning since February. Just right for a chap to take a glass of Pimms before dinner."

"Auch it's p***g doun agin. I'll never dry these f*******g sheep out to shear the little f*****s".

• Like Like x 1
  3. philw111

philw111 Funster

Depends how far north you want. Here on the Moray Firth, it's cooler than it was at the weekend but still sunny most of the time (drizzle first thing this morning) - temp in the high teens.

I find the forecast on the BBC website is fairly accurate.

Phil

4. Campercaillie

Campercaillie Read Only Funster

It's difficult. Last week we sailed from South Uist to Oban - Travelling through the Sound of Mull. Ardnamurchan, a mile or two to the left was bathed in glorious sunshine, the high tops were clear - Glorious. A mile or two to the right we had Mull, and it was totally clagged out. Two totally different weather systems. That can be replicated anywhere, but particularly here in the Highlands. Coastal areas can be under a blanket of mist whilst a few miles inland it's sunny and clear. So I doubt anyone could answer you question accurately. However, I can give a link to one of my favourite UK weather websites which gives you the current weather state, and a reasonable forecast for the days ahead. Just select the relevant tab.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spottycatz

Spottycatz Read Only Funster

You won't get much further North than us! It's pretty miserable here and will be for the next week. Low grey cloud from dawn to dusk, temperature around 15c, wind averaging about 10 mph from the West most days. No rain though, nor none forecast:thumb: