LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Is this a personal thing? Do you hate me that much, REALLY??? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bloody Glossop.........................:winky:

It's just that I went to Lancaster once and can't believe anyone would stay voluntarily :roflmto: Morecambe makes it look good though :roflmto:

Have to go to Glossop next week though - nearly as bad now it's getting stuffed full of BBC luvvies :ROFLMAO:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Only been to one rally so far and loved how friendly everyone was and being a newbie lots of people kindly showed us inside their MHs.::bigsmile:

Looking forward to going back to the highlands rally in a couple of weeks.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Sandra, we have just come back from Rutland Water, Lynton Top, I spoke to them and they are up for holding rallies there, they have lots of separate areas and we could have one for exclusive use, they also have a large barn that can be used if there were enough ralliers

This is way out of my are for me to arrange, but I have the literature to pass on to Jim or yourself at Southport or Stratford..

Keep hold of it Carol. We are not going to either of those meets but will be at
Wrenbury. Life is a little too crazy just now for my brain to take in anything else but once we have the houses sown up I will look into it. Would mostly likely be an autumn meet though.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Ypres

Dawn it's a stunning little place. Very poignant place.a lot of battle sites from ww1.and the cloth house is a great building. Then there's all the chocolate shops.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Our site in Sandy in Bedfordshire would be a great place to host a rally - large rally field and facilities. Great pub and Indian ten minutes away and I know we could make 'arrangements' there! Just off the A1 and easy access. We'd be up for hosting one here :thumb:
Could even do our own mini beer & cider festival since I have a licence::bigsmile:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Our site in Sandy in Bedfordshire would be a great place to host a rally - large rally field and facilities. Great pub and Indian ten minutes away and I know we could make 'arrangements' there! Just off the A1 and easy access. We'd be up for hosting one here :thumb:
Could even do our own mini beer & cider festival since I have a licence::bigsmile:
That would seem to tick every box! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Not sure I like the sound of a mini beer though. Can't I have a pint? I'll bring me own tankard.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Sort out the form thingy Jim, and we may just do that. I can think of a few places that would be perfect .
But I may add they would be very free and easy if we did one. At a place where there'd be water and Elsan , that's it.
No quizzes , bingo, banjos or ukes. Just some back ground music , maybe, and plenty of chatting drinking of which ever kind , and a Jacobs table.
Probably no hook up and a ban on generators:winky:

Please please aunty bev wenslidale cheese factory you know the one
I wonder if they would let use use the farm at side
Or auction yard
I may just have a jog up next weekend
Or even green dragon but its a bit far out of town

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
http:/
Or auction yard

I was keeping schtum !! You naughty naughty man ! So no one would pinch it :winky: hahaha.
But yes it's the lovely village Hawes in the middle of the beautiful Yorkshire dales.
I'm sure Ralph and I could put something together for a great weekend , whatever the weather there.
If we could get it under jims club insurance etc.
So if our mighty leader does the form thingy, Hawes cattle ground/ auction mart.
All hard standing , club house, plenty pubs that let dogs in , yummy Hawes curry cottage, and as Peter says Wallace and Grommet cheese factory !
:thumb:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We can accommodate many more rallies here if anyone wants to run them,
Victorian Week
All things Morris
Green man day
fishing meet
Boozing meet
Kayak/canoeing meet
fix it meet
bring and buy meet
music meet
board games
naturist (or is it naturalist) can never remember
Bird watching (or is it naturist meet):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I get so confused these days. Where are my pills nurse. (no not the blue ones) Really, behave!!!
the list is endless
ideas are no good without marshals though.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Broken Link Removed
This was us a couple of weeks ago at Hawes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 46
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Or auction yard

Scratch the green dragon there is a arch in drive way for old coach house and it cant be more then 12 foot and narrow I just got a elddis 140 under the big boys and girls would not get in
Dam

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Might be a stupid question but is there a calendar or list of meets/rallies - All meets and rallies - other clubs included?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a rally calendar, but we don't advertise other clubs rallies, and I'd be surprised if any other club listed ours. That said I can see the benefit of such a page and it's sowed a seed:thumb:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I think local rallies would work well, ie not having to travel more then 1hr. If you finish work on a Friday then thrash across the country for a couple of nights it would take the shine off it. MCC rallies at schools often do not start till 4.30 to 5pm as to allow time to clear school busses etc. no idea what they pay the schools, but as we live near the coast all the schools seem busy with various rallies.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Wild man is right, be it school parents association or church fete it's always the same people to organise etc. we are all guilty me included, you then get the same people moaning why did they they do xyz etc. :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Its a shame really as marshalling gets you a free place on a rally. Handling a list online really is not difficult, I used to get a kick out of it, but not allowed to marshal events at my own place and I'm tied to it for the other campers so if I want a rally to attend it has to be here.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
over 6 pages of chat but I cant see any new meets in the calendar yet folks

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow two new meets in the making on the rallies and meets threads

Ypres and Twinwood Festival

Well done, lets see lots more :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Ypres

Its a shame really as marshalling gets you a free place on a rally. Handling a list online really is not difficult, I used to get a kick out of it, but not allowed to marshal events at my own place and I'm tied to it for the other campers so if I want a rally to attend it has to be here.
If this Ypres meet goes a head am sure the funsters who go can park there motorhome safely in the campsite with out any marshals. As Marshall wouldent be needed at Ypres........

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we dont need marshalls maybe a sheriff to keep the peace but thats all :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Those that come to the Thetford Bash will proly tell you it is all organised ( apart from one or two tiny hiccups ) and everyone who wants to be are entertained most for most of the event..

Putting the whole lot on is really easy and simple.. Lots of folk always come to me and say wow !! So much hard work to organise this lot, and just do not believe me when I tell them otherwise ::bigsmile:

Anyone can organise a rally.. All you need is a venue ( preferably one that has somewhere to dump your cassette contents ) and a water point

Rugby clubs are great, as are so many other places.. Just look around your town or village and chances you will be able to come up with somewhere :thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Like you said it is pretty easy to organise a basic rally / meet ,I've recently done one for another forum that I'm a member of HOWEVER all I did was sort the venue and take the pitch fees etc, John yours are so much more and there must be quite a bit of effort and work involved with all the games, auctions and moped racing that you organise, it will be sadly missed this year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back