we are back in nottingham motorhome in weston (1 Viewer)

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
oh dear went to cornwall for a few days on a booked holiday and we were in two minds whether to go or not because of dianes mum not going to be with us long, apart from the rain we got up to chedder on the way back as we were spending two nights there.
pulled off at junction 22 near chedder and i couldn't get into 4th gear
got to caravan club site 10 mins away and got recovered the next day and courtesy car home they are going to deliver motorhome to my fiat dealer on monday and i am expecting a hefty bill when it is mended in nottingham only done 23000 miles:Sad:

gets worse two weeks before i had the motorhome serviced at the fiat dealer which cost me £300 and you will not believe it but after coming off the motorway near chedder i pulled over into a layby to see why i couldn't get into fourth put the bonnet up and there was oil everywhere
the dealer had forgot to put the engine oil cap back on and we had been down to cornwall and half way back what a mess it had made and by sounds of it were lucky not to blow the engine

local company had to bring out a spare cap to get us going again
phoned my fiat dealer and their response was oh we have never done that before
well you have now
found engine oil cap next day perched on top part of bonnet where the window wipers are they have obviously put it there to fill the oil and forgot to put it back on THIS IS A WARNING TO YOU ALL ALWAYS CHECK THIS AFTER YOU HAVE A SERVICE if the engine had blown how could i prove it was their fault.
and these people are to be trusted to repair my van and service it and change my cambelt etc

and why do morons drive past the layby when you have your bonnet up pip their horn laugh and stick one finger in the air because you have broken down why do these morons exsist hope the same happens to them one day

not happy:Angry:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
This is precisely why we have Alan from DMS (Direct Motorhome Services - website is www dot, that with no spaces, dot co dot uk) come and do our service, at our house, we usually lean on the wheelie bin and chat to them whilst they are doing things, it also serves as the table to hold the tea mugs, and then when he's done he uses it as his desk to write the bill !

Pete can see everything they do (it's NOT that he isn't trusted AT ALL) it's because Pete likes engines and actually understands what he's doing LOL And in any case he's invariably cheerful and a very pleasant chap to talk to.

Plus - I think I may have forgotten to say - he's one HELLuva lot cheaper than Fiat ! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We use an Independant Garage as well, Bridge Street Motors in St Austell, And like sedge, he is a hell of a lot cheaper than the Fiat agent, AND we trust him!!!

Typical price comparison; Glow plug Relay Fiat agent £140, Mills Auto Parts £70 (Bosch same part #)

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
well it looks like my motorhome is having an extended holiday in weston supermare it must think that it is retired and is going fultiming
we have been back in nottingham since friday and back at work for two days while it stays on its hols having an easy life

just phoned sherwood commercials in nottingham and they said it was nowhere to be seen
(better not mention the oil cap here)

alright for some:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back