Water pipe fittings (1 Viewer)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Could any of the technically minded tell me what type of fittings these are please?
IMG_0669.JPG

It seems my 2012 Dethleffs has a semi rigid plastic pipe water system.
I need to tee off the hot and cold to fit a bullfinch outside shower.
Thanks

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Can't help with the type of fittings.. they look like plastic threaded compressions... but never seen them..
It might be easier to install the additional pipework for shower using the more common push fit type couplings... jus check your pipework size/diameter and as long as that is OK can't see a problem with using push fits.
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jessthedog

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Can't help with the type of fittings.. they look like plastic threaded compressions... but never seen them..
It might be easier to install the additional pipework for shower using the more common push fit type couplings... jus check your pipework size/diameter and as long as that is OK can't see a problem with using push fits.
Andy
Thanks Andy.
I was expecting pipework to be a type of hose, and have to insert a spigot inside with jubilee clips.
but its a semi rigid pipe.
So these caravan type push fits will be ok? I'm assuming most are 12 or 15mm.
Cheers
s-l400.jpg

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The last one you pictured is a JG type quick-fit (or other name) i.e. the collar pushes out once it's clamped on the pipe. They do require a pretty perfect fit onto a smooth surface to work and that may not be the case on the PVC hose you already have in there. The compression joints in the original picture will be more tolerant to OD and compression of pipe etc. I'd guess you can find those at a caravan shop ? if not eBay for sure.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Try a plastic T piece and three jubilee clips. I manufactured my own 5 pipe manifolds to replace the expensive items in my old Hymer. They worked a treat. Got the idea from the service manager at Hymer in Bad Waldsee.
Try not to disturb the existing plastic manifold as they can become quite brittle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back