Water marks on body how to get rid

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alan1949, Feb 18, 2010.

1. alan1949

alan1949 Read Only Funster

Hi folks getting a load of water streaks down body of motorhome any one know a nice easy way to clean em off & keep them off.liquid to use etc, any suggestions much oblidged.
    thanks chums. alan.:thumb:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

fenwicks black streak remover.

then a good polish...

you may get them off but its a part of motohoming....you'll never irradicate them. :Sad:

3. warwick

warwick Read Only Funster

Clean off with Fenwicks Motorhome Cleaner, I used to find their Bobby Dazzler which is used to wash off the cleaner quite good. As last post states you will never stop streaking, I have a PVC now and find its conventional painted steel 100% easier to keep clean than a fibre glass style coachbuilt etc. Used polish on previous fibre glass vans, nice to start with but gradually seemed to attract even more dirt found Fenwicks simple to use and best overall but I know there are many different views.

4. Euromobil

Euromobil Read Only Funster

Try your local POUND-STRETCHER they do a trigger spray of 'tar & insect remover' at £1 a bottle, a generous spray then wash as usual. Simples

5. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Elbow Grease - in a spray bottle, cost around 99p and it is brilliant, will take away the stains with just one squirt. Fantastic for cooker, shower anywhere, we use it at home and in the motorhome.

It beats the expensive Fenwicks hands down, although we do use the Fenwicks to wash and (supposedly) seal the paintwork.

Ginny

6. GregM

GregM Read Only Funster

After seeing it suggested on here, we tried baby wipes last week and they worked well.

7. Peter James

Peter James Read Only Funster

I have a commercial washing brush, which is just like a broom with a hollow handle with a hose pipe connected to it, so the water flows through the handle and the brush. Makes washing the van easy, and when you hold the brush just above those PVC panels on the side of the van, so the water goes behind them, its amazing how much muck washes out from behind them.

8. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Fenwicks motorhome cleaner diluted 10-1 and applied with trigger spraye. Needs rinsing off though cos I find its a bit chalky if you dont. Need to give mine a good autoglymn soon. :BigGrin:

9. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Any stubborn ones, I wipe away when polishing by using a drop of WD40.

10. Braunston

Braunston Read Only Funster

Hi, Baby wipes certainly work, they are also very good for removing dead fly's etc, someone somewhere suggested Lidls Bathroom Mousse, i have purchased a spray can of it but haven't used it yet, so not sure how well it works, has anyone else tried it yet.

11. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

It works well in the bathroom, but haven't tried it for black streaks :BigGrin:

12. Supertractorman

Supertractorman Read Only Funster

I use Lidl bathroom mousse and it does the job well, the only thing is the stains do come back:cry:.
    Anybody got any recommendations on how to get a shine on the Fiat bonnet, mine always seems dull even after a Polish.

13. movan

movan Funster Life Member

A cloth soaked in baby oil. But once it rains it will be dull again .... the bonnet not the car. When you see kitchens advertised on tv and they look all shiny, apparently they are wiped over with baby oil, I am informed.