Warranty Question

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by chuns, Apr 29, 2015.

1. chuns

chuns Read Only Funster

Does anybody have a view on this?

If I import a new Ducato-based X290, and change the speedo card (having bought it from Lockwood International, as seems common), will breaking the seals in doing so invalidate the Warranty? On the whole Vehicle? Or just the speedo head?

With the new card at about £50, and a new speedo at around £1000, it is a £950 gamble!!!

Regards to all

Peter

2. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Probably best to ask Fiat directly

3. chuns

chuns Read Only Funster

Yes, good point, but so far I've not been impressed with what my local dealer knows, or more accurately, doesn't know. I was asking about changing headlights over, and they said they hadn't even seen a new X290, and won't until the first turn up for service. Said beam deflectors were fine. The Sales Department were without any form of knowledge at all.

So I thought I'd like to try to get a few views before I returned there.

P

4. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

Get a sat nav or road angel with a decent size MPH display and leave the dash in kilometers

5. chuns

chuns Read Only Funster

Unfortunately I have to go through these hoops to register the vehicle in the UK. Headlamps, foglights, speedo all have to be changed to get the appropriate ticks in the right boxes. Thanks for the thought, though.

P

6. markov

markov Read Only Funster

Hi Peter,

Sounds like I'm in the same position as you, but a little further through the process, as my 'van is currently now in the UK being prep'd for VCA prior to DVLA paperwork. It came from Germany on red temp plates.

You are correct in that beam deflectors may well allow it to pass an MOT, but you need RHD Headlights to get the VCA.

My 'van is being imported by Nick Legg at Bundesvan, who's doing a great job for us. As far as I know, it's a very simple job to replace the Speedo Fascia and will not invalidate the Warrenty.

Fiat dealers don't know much at all about the X290 face lifted model! A lot of them can't provide the headlights...

The only thing holding up my VCA currently is my lack of insurance at this stage , but that'll be easily rectified!

Good luck with your plans,

Kind regards,

Mark