Warning - Virus Alert from moandick

Discussion in 'Computers' started by moandick, Dec 24, 2010.

1. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Would all members please note that the email address: moandick@aol.com has been hi-jacked by some form of 'low-life' who has stolen my entire address book from that email address.

For the last few days up until today, people have been telling me that they have had some strange advertising mail from my AOL address - today, I have just been informed by a member that he has just been infected with a virus from my address - so can anybody and everybody who might have reason to open an email from: moandick@aol.com -

PLEASE DO NOT DO SO!

Early this year I paid a small fortune for anti-virus programmes and security protection for all of my computer network - all apparently to no avail - because somebody has managed to 'hack' into my network and is now spreading a virus called 'Security Shield' :Angry:

In big bold letter I can only apologize for any inconvenience caused - I have done everything I can to protect myself and others - but these animals seem to think it is funny to do this sort of thing - Lord help them if I ever find out who they are!

Dick

2. staging lady

staging lady Funster

What a pain for you.
    Low life is true.
    What kick do they get out of it?
    This has happened to a friend of ours and I keep getting emails from her which are not kosher.
    She hasn't got a new address so I have to delete them without knowing if they are from her.

I do believe in Karma and what goes around, comes around ......
    Lucille

3. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

l thought that was odd. l didn't open anything, as it came up as junk mail on my Apple.

Craig

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I have not got a virus on my computer but for those who find themselves in that unfortunate position the following may help.
    Taken from a reliable source:-

Security shield Virus

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I had this same problem a few weeks ago. It's simple to get rid of don't worry :). I will tell you easy steps on how to get rid of it. Please do this in order.

1.Use the browser and go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download it (It's free)

2.Run the program and install it, the virus is not gonna let you open this program yet.

3.After you installed the program, go to the "Start" button on the bottom left of your screen and "Log off"

4. Log back into your user and AS SOON AS IT STARTS press "ALT-CTRL-DELETE" now your malware will not be able to stop you from opening your task manager.

5.Go to Processes and "End process" for everything BUT anything that says "SYSTEM" and "Explorer.exe"

6. After that you can now open the Malwarebytes program. Run it and Full scan your PC and clean away that annoying malware.

7.You can enjoy your PC again!

5. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Sorry to read you've been hijacked, I cant think what they get out of it. In mine and Grahams inboxes over the last few days are messages saying we have an e greeting card. I have just deleted these as I read somewhere that when you have opened them they are actually a virus.

Dale

6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

What is wrong with these drongos, they need a big pitch right up their arris.
    It is time their was an anti virus mirror to chuck it back at them :Eeek:

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

we get emails from the previous owner/seller of our RV.

on opening, its from an american drugs company advert.

cant remember which ISP he uses at the moment as all emails from that addy now go to spam folder.

8. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

I've been using e greetings cards via 123 Greetings.com for a couple of years and no one I've sent them to or received them from has ever had a problem.

Pete:Cool: