South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Pekepal
Thank you.

Fortunately, we are heading for the Tunnel on Tuesday .:)

Such info is always appreciated.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
and parts of the M2 will also be closed along with road works on the A2 effectively buggering up the major routes through kent, good planning not!!
it's been chaos down here the last few weekends..

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
and parts of the M2 will also be closed along with road works on the A2 effectively buggering up the major routes through kent, good planning not!!
it's been chaos down here the last few weekends..

That is the thing over the past few yrs highways England work mostly at night so road closures and lengthy diversion happen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I found that out on Weds night.
M20 closed and roadworks on M2 ?
I went through Gravesend,Rochester and over Bluebell Hill. Wasn’t too bad in the end.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Trying to work out how to get to Cobham by 12 tomorrow! Whichever route from Folkestone is going to be a nightmare!

Deleted User
Going to tunnel tomorrow afternoon, any tips on a better route than following A2/M2?

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Going to tunnel tomorrow afternoon, any tips on a better route than following A2/M2?
Can only suggest contacting Eurotunnel for advice. They must have some sort of contingency plans.

Deleted User
Can only suggest contacting Eurotunnel for advice. They must have some sort of contingency plans.
Just looked on the web site, they simply say its happening. 'Kent Live' on the other hand are predicting chaos. Coming from the North so I will use M2 and A260 and just allow a couple of hours extra just in case, can always have a sleep at the terminal if they don't let me through early

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Just looked on the web site, they simply say its happening. 'Kent Live' on the other hand are predicting chaos. Coming from the North so I will use M2 and A260 and just allow a couple of hours extra just in case, can always have a sleep at the terminal if they don't let me through early
Just be prepared for complete chaos on any roads leading to the tunnel. On previous occasion whilst trying to get home When Operation Stack in place the whole area was clogged up and it was impossible to get in or out of Folkestone and had to take a massive detour. We have important event to get to which is only 45 miles away but start off 2 hours early to try and beat the system. Will think of you and wish you well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back