Wanted 125cc Or There Abouts Bike

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, May 12, 2015.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Do not wanna spend a fortune as the thing is unlikely to do more than a 100 miles a year ( and yessssss.. I know this should really be in the classifieds but ... )

Anyone know where there is such a beast up for sale ?
    Everything that gets on fleabay is either somewhere in a galaxy far far away or really silly money !

2. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Welllllll That aint too bad but I will not buy a new chink one unless it is about 4 bob !! LOL !!

There is a reason they never ( at least rarely ) come up 2nd hand.. that reason is they are pretty much past it after a couple of thousand miles... In fact they are just about past it when brand new !!
    However, given my budget and the problems I am having finding anything, a half decent 2nd hand chinky would be fine for a couple of hundred .. But thats kind of about it really..

Forgot to mention.. scooters are a bit of a non-starter too as rack is about 18" off the ground and I have got to LIFT whatever the thing is into the wheel holes.
    Scoots tend to be a bit awkward to man handle on your own without wrecking the plastics

• Like Like x 2
  4. tinkering

tinkering Funster

Sorry to but in.

Is your friends Kontiki still for sale?

And where is it please

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I believe so..

6. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I bought my little Honda on Ebay with very little mileage on it but a few years for £700 Hardly use it now and it still eats tax and insurance but it sits in the back of the van waiting for emergencies. No Milk etc, to save the van being uprooted and driven to the nearest town. I am always worried in case it puts the weight up too much. See Topokita and little friend in the photos setion. That being the noise it makes like the Walter Mitty (me) film.

7. dulvil

dulvil Funster

Nothing wrong with Chinese bikes, people just expect honda quality for a third of the price.We have 6 bikes used daily for motorcycle training and they are all re-sellable after 3 years of daily use.Been using Chinese for about 8 years now only had one bad one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

My CG 125 is made in Brazil as it seems most are, My Cectek quad is made in Taiwan and it is a beautifully made machine, it is the specification that matters and the design not the nationality of the workers. Made in GB is probably as bad as it gets with some items when it used to be made in Hong Kong

9. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

I have had a DAYLUM for eight years it's never let me down thrashed the guts out of it still keeps going
    love it
    my bike.jpg

10. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Guys.. you each deal with the ONE bike you own..
    I have had to deal with hundreds of the bloody things.. Spares are not the problem folk think they might be, but my goodness..
    The idea of quality control seems completely alien to the Chinese
    I did buy a brand new CCM 220 when they first come out.. had a tie in with a then local CCM dealer..
    Was a bit miffed when I uncrated it to find it was a chink..
    Chain lasted less than 400 miles, swing arm was out of whack, welding was so poor I actually had to go over some of it..
    The lump was as good as gold though.. It was just all the cycle parts.
    Sold it after 5 months when it started to rot big time.. Saw it recently and the owner showed me pictures.. He had dry stored it for 4 years and the whole thing had turned in to a big brown ball or rust !! It is now back on the road after a nut and bolt refurb ( with PROPER nuts and bolts and a shed load of powder coating :) !

11. markh

markh

Now I realise that this forum is dominated by older white British males, but describing something as 'chink' is unpleasantly racist and ought to be subject to moderation by the forum operator

• Like Like x 1
  12. dulvil

dulvil Funster

Different when others call us white trash and we don't complain, or no one cares

• Like Like x 4
  13. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I have never considered "Chink" to be any more racist than Jock, Paddy, Taffy, or Tommy. In fact I wouldn't have given it a thought had you not brought it up.
    .......and I'm sure it wasn't meant to be racist, Jeez we're getting a little bit too pc for my liking.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

think its the dark Sid creping in ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(y)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

so I shouldn't have any problems getting a spark plug then :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

:rolleyes:........... O my !

17. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Quite frankly sir, only a racist sees such things as racism.. Racists constantly see racism every where.. NORMAL folk do not see it at all
    Having spent some considerable time in the company of both Chinese and Japanese I can assure you THEY certainly do not see it as anything but a shorting on the word ( jap in the case of the Japanese ).. Indeed, whilst at the Chinese Embassy attending a trade conference some 14 years ago I and others around the table were asked by one the chargé d'affaires if we would like a 'chinky' sent in as the meeting was going to go on till late..

Anyone who lives in a world where every word spoken, every inflection, every THOUGHT has to watched is someone who is FAR more aware of any differences in race colour or creed than the average person.. and THAT makes THEM the racist. not the people they preach to

If it was not agin forum rules I would retaliate with an equally personal and insulting retort..but I do not consider it worth rising to such tree hugging left wing statements

• Like Like x 14
  18. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

:clap2::notworthy2::notworthy2:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr B

Mr B Funster

• Like Like x 3
  20. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Looks a lot of bike for the money!!
    Well done minor plastic scrapes,not a major problem to live with or get fixed,enjoy.

• Like Like x 1