VSR's

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by darklord, May 5, 2012.

1. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000612.html

I fitted one of these to a battery needed for winching, just some info for anyone not familiar.

I am currently doing the sums and research on what "extra" power i am going to add next time. it won't be solar,........it might be a genny, it might be an uprated alternator, i doubt it will be a fuel cell (expense), but if I isolate it from the original set up, it will definatley incorporate one or two of these.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Errr!!!! vanbitz battery master in reverse.....wired to cranking battery with leisure battery as secondary instead of, conventionally, the opposite way

3. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Errrr, VB battery master needs 240, this does,nt. Vb battery master works in the opposite direction to a vsr.........hardly the same is it:Doh:

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

battery master is a 12v VSR

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Read vanbitz own description of their battery master......it doesnt need 230v hookup...any charging source will work.

simply wired to the engine battery, instead of the leisure battery, it will work exactly the same way, once the engine is running and the alternator is charging the engine battery.

it doesnt know where the power source is coming from or where its going....it just knows that its connected to a primary battery.

BATTERY MASTER