Village aire near Rouen - info please!!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Viennese, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Viennese

Viennese Funster

I followed a link recently to information by a funster about an aire in a pretty village near Rouen which he found when he turned off the main route to Rouen because of traffic jam. The village began with 'N' I think, but I was interrupted and didn't note it down. Was it you?

I would be really grateful if you could tell me what it is, as we need to go that way in the summer.

Many thanks

Catherine

2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

was it nonancourt about 1 hr passed rouen though aire there for around 5 motorhomes on the river outside the mairie office

3. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Thanks Bill, I think it was Nonancourt. However, will have to think again because it's too far from Rouen for us. We need to meet up with a friend there... Any more recommendations.

Catherine

4. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

Is it "Pont de La Arch" - under the main bridge into town, by the river?

5. JohnH

JohnH Funster

Doesn't start with an "N" but I have stayed at the aire in Cleres many times. Smashing little village with a restaurant and bars etc. not too far to Rouen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Thanks Andrew - I have read several posts saying it's not very nice there, what do you think?

C

7. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

It was me and it was Nonancourt but just for the record I am a she not a he :Rofl1:

8. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , Possibly not the one you were looking for but this one we use to avoid Rouen . we go via Yvetot. Go along the A28 till the E44 to Yvetot then down the D490 over the bridge and I think its 2nd turning on the right to the village. Nice riverside aire a couple of miles from the village but free, state's 12 but I think thats a bit over stated 8--10 more like, nice to watch boats etc opposite side of river to a town called Caudebec en caux .

[​IMG] Aire: SAINT NICOLAS DE BLIQUETUIT

ADDRESS: RTE DU BAC
    TEL: 02 35 96 21 53 FAX:
    EMAIL: mairiestnicolas@wanadoo.fr
    TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES: JETONS from MAIRIE or RESTAURANT
    PARKING: FREE/ 48HRS SERVICES: 2€ WATER or ELECTRIC
    OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
    GPS COORDS: N49.52083 E00.72778
    DIRECTIONS: From YVETOT take D131 SOUTH across SEINE & turn RIGHT to ST NICOLAS. In village takeD40 NORTH to SEINE & AIRE (next to river).
    SITE DESCRIPTION The aire is in a very pleasant position on the banks of the river Seine, about 2kms north of the village of St Nicolas de Bliquetoit, next to a boat jetty & overlooking the Seine & the town of Caudebec-en-Caux on the opposite bank. There are 12 marked parking spaces on tarmac next to the river & surrounded by open farmland, no shade but a very quiet location. Euro-Relais service point with drainage grid.
    REVIEW:
    2008 Lovely spot with fine 180 degree views over the Seine & the Pont de Brotonne, absolutely tranquil but a bit remote with no facilities nearby. Picnic area here & cars appear to also use the spaces but it empties out in the evening. Clean borne in good working order. Ideal for a quiet night, footpaths along the river in either direction for a pleasant walk. St Nic is 5 mins drive away & has a small café/ restaurant that sells the jetons for the borne.
    2011 "An aire next to the Seine where 12 camping-cars can stay free on spaces separated by hedges." RECOMMENDED CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE
    [​IMG]
    ST NICOLAS DE BLIQUETUIT

• Like Like x 1
  9. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Sorry Kerry - I couldn't check as I had lost the post!

C

• Like Like x 1
  10. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

[​IMG]
    Aire at Nonancourt
    [​IMG]

Aires: NONANCOURT

[FONT=&quot]Aire: NONANCOURT[/FONT]

ADDRESS: OPP POMPIERS, RUE DE L'ARSENAL
    TEL:02 32 58 01 90 (MAIRIE)
    EMAIL:
    TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/ BLACK DRAIN / ELECTRIC/ RUBBISH
    PRICES/ RATES:
    PARKING: FREE SERVICES: FREE
    OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
    GPS COORDS: N48.77248 E01.19226
    DIRECTIONS: Exit N12/ N154 R/bout to NONANCOURT. As you enter town follow AIRE signs to RIGHT& AIRE is located opposite POMPIERS.
    SITE DESCRIPTION: A modern aire located on the north west side of town between the Mairie & the fire station in a small tarmac parking area where there are 6 marked, allocated spaces for motorhomes. Short walk to town centre. Park area opposite with mature trees & river.There is an AireServices service point with drainage platform, which is quite easy to use as well as a rubbish bin.
    REVIEW 2013 A pleasant, quietly situated aire next to a nice park area & close to the river. Aire is well maintained but has little shade & no lighting at night. Slight slope on parking. Childrens play area adjacent, walks along river. Interesting old town with good range of shops & InterMarche supermarket.
    [​IMG]
    Services at Nonancourt
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nonancourt

11. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Thanks that's excellent info! Looks very nice there.

Catherine

12. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

Sorry I was thinking of another aire in Dinan. The aire at Nonancourt looks good :thumb: