video Editing Advice (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Got myself the pc now that can handle the above what is the best soft ware to use it must be able to handle H.D A.V.C.H.D Files

Thanks

Bill:Cool::Cool:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I can't advise what editing system to get because I use broadcast equipment (Quantel) but here's what I copied out of a Google search.....

Here is a run down of some of the more popular consumer video editing applications that are starting to support AVCHD files.
  • Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate version provides an end-to-end HD video editing workflow, including native HDV and AVCHD editing ($99). It did the best job of working with AVCHD videos on my system — opening, playing, editing, and exporting with good response. Studio could browse quickly though the AVCHD folder structure, view thumbnails of the clip files, and then click to preview the clips. The interface was very responsive, dragging the slider to scan though the clip, playing fast forward and reverse modes at 2, 4, and 10X speeds, and even resizing the application window while playing video. It also has a handy full-screen playback mode.
  • VideoStudio 11 Plus version supports HD formats including AVCHD and MPEG-2 HD ($129). It would not open individual AVCHD files, but it could import clips from a folder. VideoStudio was a bit sluggish when dealing with AVCHD files. It took seconds to switch between the editing steps.
  • Sony Vegas Studio 8 Platinum supports HD video, including HDV capture and editing ($119). It also supports AVCHD import and edit, but only from Sony camcorders.
  • CyberLink PowerDirector 6 supports high-definition video editing, with the HDV format for capture, editing, and export back to tape ($89).
  • Nero Vision 4 supports HDV and AVCHD editing (part of the Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced suite, $79). It processed HDV files after renaming to .MPG, and played and scanned though AVCHD files.
Here is a good resource for AVCHD information:
AVCHD Information – www.avchd-info.org

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Bill

Many of the programs listed have trial downloads can be had from their respective company's, this is what I did when I first started, gives you a good idea on how they work, some only allow you to go so far but still worth a try.

I personally use Sony Vegas Studio 8 Platinum as it suits what I want, but have used Pinnacle Studio 10 previous program but did not like as much, it does too much automatically for my liking.

Hope this helps some

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back